New vdd dd pup

birdhunter23

New vdd dd pup

Post by birdhunter23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:19 am

Ok ever since I have gotten in to hunting I fell in love with bird dogs .i would drive my family crazy with all the German shorthaired pointers running around the house . I'm from California and my dream was to get a Deutsch Drathaar from it's motherland Germany .over the past for and a half years I have been flying back and forth from California to Germany for work . And I been in contact with a breeder who recently had a litter an I picked my boy up yesterday evening . It's been years since I have hunted and trained a dog .he is two months now what age is the best time to start with his training ? Also if anyone knows anything about German pedigree papers who could tell me about it u can show a picture .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schatz's Pop

Re: New vdd dd pup

Post by Schatz's Pop » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:25 am

Hi I got Schatz from vom Altmoor kennels in south jersey.

They produce an Excellent Puppy manual directed specifically to Drats. The fourth edition "Drahthaar Puppy Manual" for abt $30 on their altmoor.com website.

It will get you started and gives information about training for the different tests as well, like not doing certain things before certain tests.

Great fist start book for Drahthaars or any puppy.