Doug and Stichy

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Doug and Stichy

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:44 am

Was paging through the NGSPA catalog, they list the end of the year standings for Dog of the Year, and there were Doug and Stichy, ranked 5th in the country in the Amateur Shooting Dog. That beats Spot and me. We were a lowly "tied for 12th."

I want you to know Doug, I am comin' after you this year. I am starting my exercise program so I can get up on the dang horse out in the field and can handle the dog. I put a picture of you and Stichy up on my exercise room wall with a big bullseye on it to give me some motivation. 8)

And a big Congratulations.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 am

Congrats to Doug and Stitch!

Something else for me to be jealous of Doug over...man I love that area he lives in out there.

Best,

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 am

Congrats Doug and Stichy :D

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:07 am

Congrats Doug and Stitch! Something else for me to shoot for "when I grow up"! :lol:
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks fellars. It was fun to travel to a couple NGSPA events last year and at least give my little dude a chance to go hunting with some of the big dogs. I've got a couple young ones that are bigger, stronger, faster, more stylish than Stitch ever was but I don't know if they've got the "intangibles", the stuff ya' can't see between the ears and in the "heart" that they sometimes need to separate themselves. Doesn't matter, they're all tied for #1 at the Favor house!!

I was gonna tell ya' to set yer sights a little higher John but I think the view from where you're at now is about as high as it gets!!! :D How about instead, we let those two loose on a cool October morning with a couple shotguns in our scabbards, a nice conversation pace to temper our anticipation, confident they'll be doing it right when we catch up to 'em!

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:25 pm

That is the one place in the world you can always get me to go for. The dog too.

I just realized where Stitchy's name came from. Good name, Doug, good name. :lol:

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Congrats DOUG and STICHY, Dont know much about NGSPA but I will because I am a SHORTHAIR fan.---------SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS
Son/Starr's Slick---1st Amateur Champion of NSTRA.

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Well done Doug :wink:

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 pm

Yah, I thought Stitch was a good name for an Emerg. Med. doctor's dog. I just got done stitchin' up the eyebrow of the loser of a playground snowball fight and grabbing a bite before we'll probably be suturing up the Friday night happy hour crowd!! :)

Casper - you should load up and head up to Milepost 9 this weekend.
They've got a nice little club trial going on.

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:25 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wish I could Doug. I was actually going to go to the Nor. Cal. Vizsla trial this weekend but I didnt get any dogs entered early enough. Than I decided I was still going to go than my work schedual took a turn for the worst so now I have to work this weekend :evil:

I am going to try and make it up there for the April 20th trial. I am going to try and take that whole week off in hopes to make the Brittany trial too.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:07 pm

Yah, I've got to work this weekend also. I gave the keys to my dog to Sharptailhunter and Richywayne to see if they can get him a little trial time before we go to the Oregon championships in a couple weeks.

I'll be at the Reg. 9 NGSPA at Milepost 9 in April so maybe see you there. I may run Trixie at the AKC trial that precedes it but I'm not sure what her schedule is this spring...she hasn't bothered to call or write since January when Dan picked her up.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 pm

How about instead, we let those two loose on a cool October morning with a couple shotguns in our scabbards, a nice conversation pace to temper our anticipation, confident they'll be doing it right when we catch up to 'em!
That would be pretty special!

Congrats Doug!!

Hotpepper

October Morning

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:32 pm

By then LB will have both of you by the neck and will be chasing hisnumbers. I hope.

When uou guys saddle up on that cool morning, let get the 3rd horse out as well so I can go along please.

Man I would love to do that. Doug is a great guy and he has a very nice dog as well. The young ones I have not seen yet but I have 2 young ones here that are going to make it as well. Hope I can.

Pepper :lol:
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me