NAVHDA NA Prize Winner

markerdown

NAVHDA NA Prize Winner

Post by markerdown » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:13 pm

SgtMajor v Greif won his NAVHDA NA Prize III this past weekend with the Grand Canyon Chapter. He earned 100 points towards his prize with tracking being his low score during the test. It was beautiful country just south of Flagstaff AZ and we had great weather(a bit breezy at times) for the test. My congrats to all the NAVHDA prize winners this weekend :)
........................markerdown

Live simply Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Hug your GSP often
Leave the rest to God.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Congrats on the test, that's one good looking dog and great looking site.....

Congrats again :D :D

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:15 am

Big CONGRATS Markerdown! So, are there more Test or Trials in the future with that handsome boy and you?
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 am

Congrats!!

Best regards, Greg J.

TNovoa

Post by TNovoa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 am

CONGRATS!!! Nice pic. Isn't that darn tracking the most gut-wrenching part of the test?!? :?

markerdown

Post by markerdown » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:58 am

This was my first event and I was a bit nervous. It was just a day in the field for Sarge. This time, he was having more fun with all the planted quail instad of a pigeon in a trap. No doubt the tracking was the worst part for me. The fact that I had to just stand there in the direction that the pheasant went. He kept returning to the pile of feathers that was set down for him. For some reason he just couldn't find the scent trail out far enough to find the bird. Oh well, I am just happy he scored his prize.

I missed the scoring and the prize anouncement. On the way back from the waterwork my fuel light lit up on my dodge truck. I had 2 choices, go back to camp and be out of gas or go 5 miles down the interstate and re-fill. I chose the re-fill. Just a slight delay.

When I got back to camp the judges had already split. Everyone was asking what happened to me and Sarge and were telling me his scores. It took a bit to sink in as I was a bit pre-occupied with paying $3.69 a gallon for regular.

I 'd like to test him for his UPT in the fall. It depends on how much training and where I can get it done with the desert summer heat.
Live simply Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Hug your GSP often
Leave the rest to God.

RSNK61

Post by RSNK61 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 am

Great news way to go CONGRATS to you and Sarge. We will just have to work a little harder on that tracking thing.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon May 07, 2007 11:47 am

Keep up the good work the fun has just started.