Fritz on ducks

snips
GDF Junkie

Fritz on ducks

Post by snips » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Rick took Fritz down to the water test and got his RD title this weekend. He may have found a new callin'. :D
brenda

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Congrats!!!!

And now, for the now obligatory...

GO FRITZ!!!!

Maybe a NAVHDA Utility Test in his future????

Best regards, Greg J.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:31 pm

Congrats Fritz,

Brenda you have one amazing dog :D

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:59 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)

As Greg said, "Go Fritz!"

Congrats Brenda & Rick, you've done Fritz great justice showing his talent!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:16 pm

He did a good job for only practicing a couple of times. He really loves going for those ducks.
brenda

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:36 pm

Brenda,

Congrats!

Listen, a NAVHDA UT would be a walk in the park for Fritz.

SharpMtn

Post by SharpMtn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:03 pm

That's my Fritzer man!;) Congrats!!

Texrab

Post by Texrab » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:50 am

We will be having a NAVHDA test in October. We still spots open. Maybe we will see you there.

parshal

Post by parshal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:27 pm

It would be nice to meet Brenda face to face at the UT test in GA.

How do you find out about the water tests? I don't see them in the "search" function the AKC's website.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:18 pm

Lara, SharpMt posted a link to it. It is a title offered by the GSPCA for Shorthairs only. The rules are posted on that link Lara put up from the GSPC of Atl. Tex, where are those pics????? Anxious to see them... The ones I got of Fritz were not great because I was trying to handle him (he listens to his Dad better :roll: My niece got good ones of Amos tho.
brenda

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:21 pm

parshal wrote:It would be nice to meet Brenda face to face at the UT test in GA.

How do you find out about the water tests? I don't see them in the "search" function the AKC's website.
Brian,
You couldn't ask to meet nicer folks than Rick and Brenda. As for the Water Test, that is a GSPCA deal that I don't believe AKC has any affiliation to. Here is a link to the GSPCA events page where you can find Rule and Requirements.
http://www.gspca.org/member_info.htm
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

parshal

Post by parshal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:46 pm

I'm sure Brenda doesn't remember me but I did talk to her about getting a puppy a couple of years ago. I do a lot of NAVHDA stuff with my dogs. I ended up getting more of a NAVHDA-bred dog two years ago (see his link in my signature). Brenda was very helpful when I spoke to her. I'll be at the test in GA in October and thought it would be nice to put a face with a name.

I'd read the water test rules when they first came out but I've never seen one run. I'd thought I'd be able to see what's scheduled on the AKC website or the GSPCA website but I don't see a calendar. How would one go about finding a water test to run in? I'd like to run my shorthair in the RDX. He already does it now, why not get a title for it? :wink:

Do they have to retrieve them in a certain order? Are they expected to swim an arrow-straight line? I guess they only need to pass it once to get the title?

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:40 pm

Well, you are more than welcome to stop by, we might be on the way, just out of Chatt Tn.... I think if Rick decides to go that route he probably will not be ready at that time (gotta go hunting) stuff to do. You might have a hard time convincing me "more of a NAVHDA BRED DOG"....As we do not pursue NAVHDA typically, but anyone that does pursue it with our dogs don't seem to have any complaints :wink:
brenda

Texrab

Post by Texrab » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Here you go Brenda.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:36 pm

See Brenda? That's the perception you're up against with those NAVHDA whackos ...(Oops, I am one)... Not a NAVHDA breeder?! Good grief!! I'd take a Fritz pup any day! :D

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Yawallac wrote:See Brenda? That's the perception you're up against with those NAVHDA whackos ...(Oops, I am one)... Not a NAVHDA breeder?! Good grief!! I'd take a Fritz pup any day! :D
Here is a Fritz pup. Sure, it was only an NA test, but it was a tough day, it was a 112, and you can be certain-sure wasn't the handler.....

Bottom line: Fritz throws what a GSP stud should throw....Greg J.

Setting up for the track:

During the track...good tracks were incredibly hard to come by that day.

A little practice for the water test...he hits it hard.

Training for the track at Rick and Brenda's.
Last edited by Greg Jennings on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Great looking pup Greg!

The whole notion about "NAVHDA breeding" is silly to me. A well bred GSP is a well bred GSP.

parshal

Post by parshal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 am

snips wrote: You might have a hard time convincing me "more of a NAVHDA BRED DOG"....As we do not pursue NAVHDA typically, but anyone that does pursue it with our dogs don't seem to have any complaints :wink:
I did not mean that in any bad way. I meant to infer that there were more NAVHDA prized dogs than other events/competitions in his pedigree. That was in no way meant to convey that your dogs could not do anything in NAVHDA as well. I would not have called you had I not known your dogs were performers.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Yawallac wrote:See Brenda? That's the perception you're up against with those NAVHDA whackos ...(Oops, I am one)... Not a NAVHDA breeder?! Good grief!! I'd take a Fritz pup any day! :D
Me too on the Fritz pup!

My Jed got a prize 1 112 too, and again I assure you it was not the handler! I had never been to a NAVHDA test, training day, or anything. But he did great - even in the heat. Only problem was he took the track at 90 miles an hour and I thought he had just blown it, but he went straight there, just really fast!!

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:52 am

Oh heck Brenda you mine as well make him the first DC/VC NSTRA MH in history. He has it all period.

Frank

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Brenda and Rick just breed plain old great stock can compete in any venue period.

Yallowac when you coming to NY to test some of them fine pointers, Larry doesn't think they can do a duck search a I told him different.

Northern cajun