National TV - GunDog Magazine

birddog

National TV - GunDog Magazine

Post by birddog » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:27 am

My Brags don't fall around wins or ribbons, although I have a few to brag about, but on the Brag that my dogs have been seen on National TV on the Outdoor Life Network hunting quail in Texas. Talk about the thrill of a life time. I have watched shows on quail hunting most of my life wishing I could do that and here I was. Not only hunting them but the hunt being filmed by OLN. My dogs had never hunted quail, we don't have quail in our part of the state, but my little girl hand 6 covey finds in an 11/2hour. The photographer who had filmed Curt Gowdy's American Sportmen for 18 years, said in all his years of filming dog hunts, this was the first time a show had been completed in an 11/2.

My second Brag is my GWP's have been on the cover of GunDog Magazine twice. Feburary- March 1991 and April- May 1992

Don't you think that qualifies for a super BRAG?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:34 am

Hey Janet,

You go girl!

Best,

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:34 am

yeppers! Congrats!

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:58 am

Having seen both, your training video and the OLN hunt in Texas.I'd say you have earned the right for little bragging once in a while.
By the way. Congrats on your training video. I have recommended it many times in the past and I will continue the same in the future. I think it to be a wonderful training aid for the fellow that may not know how to introduce his pup to birds in the early stages of the pups training. You filled a void, with "Silent hunting,no whistles no whoa's"" that many other videos missed....
Good Job!!.
Greg.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:45 pm

I think that is awsome Janet, I wish I could ave seen it. Let us know if they do reruns.
brenda

birddog

Post by birddog » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:22 am

Hey Brenda, THANKS!
It looks like you made the headlines too . Congrats on your achievement!
I hope this won't be consider an obscene post but if Brenda's and my chest look a little fuller, it is not because of silicone injections. We're just " busting" with pride!
Janet