Deserving non-profits

Scott Linden

Deserving non-profits

Post by Scott Linden » Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey everyone,

Most of you know I'm starting a new TV series this fall. I'm doing a lot of stuff on the air to benefit hunting dog breed rescue groups, give someone a shot at being on the show, and I want to do a promotion (sponsored by Black's Wing & Clay directory) that puts some cash in the bank account of a deserving, related non-profit. But I'm stumped after compiling a short list of national groups (NAVHDA, Bird Dog Foundation, NSTRA, etc.) that support upland hunting, bird dogs, conservation, or related activities.

Can you make some suggestions? Thanks.
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Deserving non-profits

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Gun Dog Forum
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm

You might want to take a look at some of the state and national non-profits that promote youth hunting programs. Don't know the names of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure an internet search would turn some up. It kind of occurs to me that unless we can break today's youth away from the TV and Playstation (I know, a bad generalization) and get the "city kids" out into the country, all the converservation that we do as adults will be for naught. They are the future of hunting and conservation, not us and our efforts....we can only hand them the "starter kit". If they don't experience the outdoors early and often, they will never appreciate it or worry about conserving habitat, and hunting will truly be a "dying sport".

I know, I know....preaching to the choir!!! :D

Randy

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 am

i know it's in no way related to hunting but my favorite non-profit to give to is the Navy and Marine corp relief society...

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat May 09, 2009 5:50 am

Hey Scott, what about doing a piece on some of the specific breed rescue groups and their successes with rescue dogs that have been given second chances in hunting homes and have obtained field titles in addition to ther companion hunting work??? I know of a couple off the top of my head....a GSP on the West Coast ( I'm not sure but he may now be a MH), a couple of Brits. The rescue organizations that work so hard with these dogs after they have been turned over, dumped or found as strays etc...could use an infusion of cash too...

The GSP owner is a dentist by trade but he works awfully hard for the GSP Club and with the State of NV in helping to keep the hunting areas, trial areas open.

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Mon May 11, 2009 8:37 am

Quail Unlimited - we're hoping to start a chapter in Upstate SC sometime soon!

There's also Quail Forever and Pheasants Forver that are also great conservation groups.

How would the promotion work? (just curious) :)
Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VDHimmel JH