Look what we found

Elkhunter

Look what we found

Post by Elkhunter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Doug made the trip down to the slums from Idaho today to go on a late season excursion with me. My friends dog pinning a nice covey, 4 quick shots on my part resulted in zero birds as usual. :D

Doug and I hunted one of my spots and had some good action, we watched Scoots get real birdy but could not get anything pointed. The garmin let me know Sadie was 200 yards away in the bottom of a snow filled ravine, I was pretty impressed with her standing birds for 10 minutes while we hoofed it over. The birds were holding so tight that we were on top of em before they flushed.

Luckily Doug can shoot, he scratched 3 birds on the hunt. A double over Scoots after I chose the wrong ridge to work back to the truck... :(
Posing up the mutts for a quick photo with the days haul of birds! Fun day with some good dogs, and hiking in wet snow is not so fun.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Look what we found

Post by DonF » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 am

Nice photo's! How long does chukar season run in Utah? Oregon closed down Jan 31.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

willt

Post by willt » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:41 am

Nice job Josh and Doug excellent as usual. Don it ends next weekend here in Utah.

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:19 am

Awesome photo - CO got pounded with snow - ruined our training this weekend. Don't feel bad about not shooting anything. I must have seen 500 pheasants this season and only killed 3 or 4 - pretty pathetic.