Idaho upland slam I guess

mask

Idaho upland slam I guess

Post by mask » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 pm

It has been below zero where I have been hunting this week with about six inches of snow. Today the dogs stood two covies of chukar, one covey of huns and one covey of quail. I got two of everything including two sore knees. What that covey of quail were doing up there is beyond me but the dogs loved it. I have seen a load of sage chickens this year as well. I love seeing them but I don't like eating them. Anyway, good hunting. Bill

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Idaho upland slam I guess

Post by nikegundog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Congrats, now lets see some pics.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 am

Awesome. I hope to get a ID slam next season.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 am

Cold is an understatement. Here in IF it finally got over 20 degrees, but it was a week of below 15 before that. Tried duck hunting once but the ice was to heavy to hold decoys to the bottom or put a dog into the water.

Wyobio

Post by Wyobio » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

fishvik wrote:Cold is an understatement. Here in IF it finally got over 20 degrees, but it was a week of below 15 before that. Tried duck hunting once but the ice was to heavy to hold decoys to the bottom or put a dog into the water.
-22 in Jackson, I went ice fishing around Pinedale instead, the dogs slept by the woodstove!!!