Nebraska father/daughter hunt

CZShooter

Nebraska father/daughter hunt

Post by CZShooter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 pm

My daughter Morgan and I are back from Nebraska and had an absolute blast! Morgan was a joy to have in the field and the dogs did great. We also divided our time between preserve and wild bird hunting and had excellent results on the wild birds, limiting our first day and taking several over the next two days. Not as many quail as last year but still ran into 3-4 coveys a day.
Took some PDJ advice and avoided the whack 'em and stack 'em photos in favor of something a bit more tasteful this year. If you check them out please note the following things of which I am particularly proud: 1) the hat my daughter picked out on her own and wore every day; and 2) the fingernails and jewelry. What a hunt! Here is the photo link: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/556087539xKoVuf

Please leave a comment if you like it.

P.S. - If you already read this on the PDJ board I apologize but thought this was worth a cross-post.
CZShooter

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."

- Samuel Butler

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:41 pm

What part of the state were you in??

Great pitures...

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:25 pm

Looks like a great time. It's nice to be able to spend that kind of time with your kids. It's especially nice to see the young ladies in the field. I have two daughters of my own and with their busy schedule I don't get to spend much time with them, especially the one that likes to hunt. Nice looking setters you have these too.
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

CZShooter

Post by CZShooter » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:36 pm

We were in Bartlett, which is about an hour or so south of Mitchell, SD.
CZShooter

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."

- Samuel Butler

Coach529

Post by Coach529 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:19 am

Awesome pictures....thanks for sharing!!

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:39 pm

nice pics. that tri-color sure likes getting it's pic taken :lol: nice looking dog
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152