Where's Grant?

grant
GDF Junkie

Where's Grant?

Post by grant » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Geez, it’s been forever since I’ve posted… I’ve just been in school working on my MBA, so that along with work and side work keeps me pretty busy. Minus a girlfriend also helps the hunting situation. I’m not sure, however, what’s worse; a lying birddog or a lying woman?!!! :-o

Anyway, the last few weekends I’ve taken Kage and Bell to the plantation to hunt. Yesterday was awesome! I had one of the days when you have to come in because you run out of shells. (But I only came back with 6 birds… shhhh) They’re were slamming points left and right.

Bell also worked up a pheasant! It must have been left over from one of the hunts. Those things get up and GO! Bell was a bit munchy with the birds, but the girl goes crazy over them! FF really helped set a foundation, because when she munched, I’d give her the hold command followed by come; it worked great. She was slamming through briars after a wounded bird and almost pulled another one out of the air when it circled around back at her. She’s been running WAY far out. I had to work at getting her back in, and several times I had to hunt her down to find her on point.

Kage was also pointing birds like nobody’s business. He looks so incredible on point. Bell is kind of a spastic dog, but Kage kind of glides through the field with style. He can MOVE too! He finished our hunt with a perfect retrieve. I was beside myself…

Sorry to ramble, but it sure was fun! Oh, Bell's been driving me NUTS. The bitch can tear right through chainlink fences! (Or jump them) I've patched it over and over and over.... and again today. If she does it again, PM me and you can have her... hahaha

Grant

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:05 pm

I am glad you are back at it! Bet the dogs are too! I saw a guy on 60 min tonite reminded me of you. He is a computer geek that is now a billionaire. He started that thing where people have their own pg on the puter telling about themselves. Takes me back to the first time I met you and you were telling me all about starting a Gun Dog Forum that was going to be the best around!!! And it is!
brenda

briguyz71

Post by briguyz71 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Hey Grant,
What plantation have you been hunting?
Bri

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 pm

@Bri

Cherokee plantation here in Rome. http://www.cherokeehunting.com

Check it out!

@Brenda

LOL! I remember that conversation! You were probably like... This guy is nuts... Come to think of it, you're probably still thinking this guys nuts!

lovemylabs

Post by lovemylabs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:28 pm

a lying woman is worse, I can forgive my bird dog for anything almost befor they do it sometimes. :lol: :D :lol:

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:41 pm

We'll I think Grant has succeeded with this forum. It certainly is my favorite. :lol:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 am

Cool!

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Chaingang wrote:We'll I think Grant has succeeded with this forum. It certainly is my favorite. :lol:
I'll second that!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Yep, this site is great! I joined a year ago and didn't know sh_t from shinola. Now I know some sh_t and can fake some shinola.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 pm

NJ GSP wrote:
Chaingang wrote:We'll I think Grant has succeeded with this forum. It certainly is my favorite. :lol:
I'll second that!
i was getting ready to third that...... until i realized there were no shirts available :lol: :lol:

j/k, great site

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 am

Glad to have you back 8)

We've got high speed in our little rural town now. Now I realize how slowly I type :lol: :lol:

This is the best forum I know - much thanks to you for the amazing idea and all the heard work, and to the mods for keeping it clean and friendly. Another forum that I won't name, has I notice about 2 new posts a month it seems. I think over there people are afraid to post much, someone always has something negative to say it seems.