ND HUNT

wilsonwires

ND HUNT

Post by wilsonwires » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:57 am

My son Shay, Joey Preston and I hunted in the SE corner of ND with Jason Norton the first week of November. The weather was good until the snow ran us back to Georgia.I got to see Jasons exceptional wire Cosmo. That dog is one bird finding machine. In fact all of Jasons dogs that we hunted with are very well trained (2 wires and 1 gsp). We really had a good time and I really appreciated Jason taking the time to hunt with us and show us around. Besides pheasants, we also found several sharptails and huns which was an added bonus to the hunt. We took 6 adult wires and 3 wire pups and 1 EP pup and got to introduce them to some wild birds and man did we see some pups improve in their birdiness in the few days that we hunted.
We are already looking forward to next year.
Ron Wilson
Wilson Wirehairs
Dallas, Georgia

luke0927

Re: ND HUNT

Post by luke0927 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 am

sounds like a fun trip i think i want to go to N Dakota next year. Do you ever hunt any or run your dogs on wild birds here in GA?

wilsonwires

Re: ND HUNT

Post by wilsonwires » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:50 pm

I hardly ever hunt wildbirds in Georgia. Usually it is spot hunting from one area to the next. I do not know many places that you can find wildbirds.But I would be up to trying.
Ron Wilson
Wilson Wirehairs
Dallas, Georgia