Hunting pics from last Season

Dave C

Hunting pics from last Season

Post by Dave C » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello, new to the site and thought i would share some of last seasons Hunting, Shooting and Bushing pics. i no some dont involve Gundogs but i hope you like them.

Hunting with Hounds

Bushing Pics

And finally Shooting

Hope you all havent fallen asleep yet.

Dave.

postoakshorthairs

Re: Hunting pics from last Season

Post by postoakshorthairs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Dave,
Awesome pics! Welcome to the site. I love to see how it's done elsewhere. My family foxhunts but it looks a little different...and I can't picture my dad in the outfit. That is one big rabbitt!

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Wow Dave that is beautiful. Thx for sharing! Welcome.

nwMOgsp

Post by nwMOgsp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:45 am

Great pictures, I love the view in the 5th picture. You can see for miles.

Jason

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 am

Welcome to the site. With all the bad press hunting gets in England it is nice to see it still has it's followers. Good looking dogs. Were those hares coursed by the greyhounds or were they just being retrieved by them? And are those wood pigeons? Seems like all of those animals are big compared to our cottontails and pigeons.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 am

Outstanding! Yah, give us some details on what you got going there.

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:34 am

Super cool stuff, so how many dogs do ya hunt at a time? What kinda of bird was that? Great looking country.

Doug,,, we have got to go do some clothes shopping,,,,,in order to play the part of a winner ya got to dress the part.

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for all the replys everyone.
I am not into dressing up either is only the hunsman, but i do like to follow my local pack whenever i can, there is more people subscribing to hunting with hounds now than pre ban.
The brindle Greyhound looking dog is a lurcher and they are just rabbits he is catching, up on the dales and fells the rabbits seem to grow a little larger, we used to course alot of hares (pre ban of course).

We hunt up with the Lurchers and if the cover is very thick we use Terriers to Bush them out to the running dogs we can have upto 9 dogs out at a time.

And yes thats a wood pigeon the little cocker x is retreiving, i am back into gundogs now and when shooting we only take 2 or 3 gundogs out max, with them we mainly hunt Rabbit, Pigeon and crows and in season Pheasent, Partridge and hare, no grouse as it is very expensive and we dont pay for any of our hunting, except a few bottles of Whiskey to the farmers and game keepers whos land we shoot over.

I hope that all makes scense and i have answered all questions, anything else just give me a shout.

Dave.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 am

Welcome to the site Dave, I really enjoyed the pictures. I think you are going to enjoy this forum.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks again for the comments, i am hunting tommorow night with the Gundogs, so will let you know how we get on.

Dave.

FLocker

Post by FLocker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:28 am

Wow,

I could look at those pics for days. As a working cocker owner, i always love to see the little guys doing their job.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:37 pm

How are your lurchers bred? They look to be at leat 5/8 GH? Did you dig to any terriers pre ban?

cody

Post by cody » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 pm

That looks like it would be a lot of fun, thanks for the pics

wirehog

Post by wirehog » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 am

Welcome aboard Dave!
Fantastic pics. Thanks for sharing the beautiful landscape and hunting tradition from the other side of the pond. You have some nice looking dogs. I am impressed with the size of those rabbits and the pigeons. They sure fill the pot better than our small examples.
Jim

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost...
Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill...
It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish...
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world...
--J.R.R. Tolkien--

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:33 pm

FLocker wrote:Wow,

I could look at those pics for days. As a working cocker owner, i always love to see the little guys doing their job.
Thats because they are so good at it Flocker.

Dave.

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 pm

ACooper wrote:How are your lurchers bred? They look to be at leat 5/8 GH? Did you dig to any terriers pre ban?
Hi AC my lurcher is SalukiWhippet/Greyhound X Collie Greyhound, very fast (to fast when he was young) loads of stamina and excellent feet, a good strong all round lurcher.
We can still dig to terriers as long as we are protecting reared birds and livestock, so as most of my permission is keeperd land that is no problem, i must admit i have only done a small amount of digging compared to some of my mates who are really into it.
Having said that its handy to have a nice hard Terrier about, this is my terrier TED.

Dave.

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm

wirehog wrote:Welcome aboard Dave!
Fantastic pics. Thanks for sharing the beautiful landscape and hunting tradition from the other side of the pond. You have some nice looking dogs. I am impressed with the size of those rabbits and the pigeons. They sure fill the pot better than our small examples.
Thanks again for the nice comments (i do like to go on about all different types of hunting), but as this is a gun dog forum i will try to keep to gundog / Shooting / hunting pics from now on.

Dave.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Dave C wrote:
ACooper wrote:How are your lurchers bred? They look to be at leat 5/8 GH? Did you dig to any terriers pre ban?
Hi AC my lurcher is SalukiWhippet/Greyhound X Collie Greyhound, very fast (to fast when he was young) loads of stamina and excellent feet, a good strong all round lurcher.
We can still dig to terriers as long as we are protecting reared birds and livestock, so as most of my permission is keeperd land that is no problem, i must admit i have only done a small amount of digging compared to some of my mates who are really into it.
Having said that its handy to have a nice hard Terrier about, this is my terrier TED.

Dave.

Now that is fine looking terrier, I used to hunt some fells and russels.