Thinking of going chuckar hunting tomorrow

Addict

Thinking of going chuckar hunting tomorrow

Post by Addict » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:43 pm

I'm heading out to western Utah possibly tomorrow. I found a map of general locations of guzzlers and am going to go and try to find some birds.

Just wondering if the snakes are still out?

Also if anyone has any general areas they could point me to I'd appreciate it. You can pm me and nothing will be posted about it.

I'll be north and west of the great salt lake. This will be my 5th attempt to locate some birds. I'm somewhat familiar with the area out there for rabbits but never have run into birds. I can't find anything locally so I decided I need to travel a bit.

Thanks,

Addict

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:07 pm

I wanna come!

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:10 pm

I would think they are all gone for the year, but if you did find one you would be pretty safe. They are pretty slugish in the cold!

Good luck!

Addict

Post by Addict » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:37 pm

I just found out that it's the opener of the deer hunt tomorrow. I don't feel like dodging bullets. :shock: :wink: Some idiot might mistake my dogs for being deer the way it is anymore. I've been shot at the last three deer hunts I've been on and that's part of the reason I'm done with it. :x Archery is better and besides hunting birds is funner. :D

I guess I'll go up to idaho for pheasants and huns instead.

Crittercontrol: I'll be going out there some time after the deer hunt when it's safe. Your more than welcome to come.

Addict

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:37 am

Your more than welcome to come.
PM when the time comes...or vice verca on my end.

Good luck with the Pheasants and Huns. Take a few pics while your out there....

This may be a duck hunting weekend for me...way too many peeps in the hills this weekend...
hunting birds is funner.
Dont tell anybody though...if word ever got out.....

:)

Addict

Post by Addict » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:37 pm

Had a good trip. Was up in some beautiful country hiked 8-10 miles. The weather was perfect, blue skies and cool most of the day. The dogs had a few good points and my GSP made a nice long retrieve on a bird.

We didn't get any roosters because 1) all but one of the pheasants were hens 2) the only rooster found flew down a hill and the dogs were in the line of fire and 3) my friend that married into land got a divorce so we are "out of the circle of trust" and are banned from that place now so we had to go elsewere.

Couldn't locate any huns this time out :( But we did manage to bag a few sharp tail grouse! :D Sorry I didn't take my camcorder with me for pics. I need to get a digital camera, the camcorder is too big to lug around on that kind of trip.

Overall it was a pretty good trip.

Addict