First hunt for me and pup

Kentuckyarms

First hunt for me and pup

Post by Kentuckyarms » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:09 am

Went on our first hunt Sunday. The weather was not very cooperative. It started raining when we got there. I wasn't going to let that spoil the fun, so we went ahead with the hunt. I took a buddy with me to be the shooter so I could handle Gi-Gi (my GSP). I told him we would not shoot anything she didn't point.
We wasn't there no time when she locked up on a chukar. She held point for a short time and then went to chase. She didn't catch it and we didn't shoot. She did that a couple more times on some quail. Then something must of clicked in her brain. She stopped chasing and started pointing until we flushed the bird.
We got 5 quail and 1 chukar. Some of the time she didn't see the bird go down because of the tall weeds she was in. I just yelled "dead bird" and went to the area I thought it would be and she found them. Some of the times I would be looking in the wrong spot and she would come up with the bird in her mouth.
We had a great time. The rain didn't seem to bother her and she acted as if she wanted to stay and keep hunting but I was soaked to my underwear and about froze.
I took the camera with me but due to the rain, I never took it out.
I have to admit, I may be hooked on bird hunting now. :lol:

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:42 pm

Nothing else like it when you see it all come together. Hardly even notice th erain when you have that much fun. Many more!
Colin

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:11 pm

:wav:

Good for you man great to hear it