What a night!!

Addict

What a night!!

Post by Addict » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:02 am

Well went duck hunting tonight :oops: . Had a heck of a trip. The boat sank and we have decoys and gear floating all over the place.

Went with two friends and we had to take two trips to get everything out to the blind. After the slow hunt on the first ride home about a mile out in the marsh the back end of the boat suddenly takes on water. The two of us grabbed decoy bags and the guns. My friend Clay stayed on an island by where we capsized and I had to use a decoy bag as a floatant to swim across the deep part of the marsh to go get help. I make it back to my truck and called all my friends with boats to come and help. Much to my dismay they are all gone deer hunting. Ended up getting search and rescue to come get my stranded friends.

Chad who was waiting wondering why we got mad and left him out there finally walked the four miles out to the road and was picked up by an officer. He ended up getting to the boat marina ten minutes after I headed out in the boat to get him and Clay.

We still have decoys and gear out in the blind and now have to find a way to get the boat up. Both of my friends have major back problems so there was no way that he could have packed it out. My gear box filled with all my steel shot and mt dew :( floated off somewhere.

Luckily everyone survived and we can go on to hunt another day! It's going to be a weekend filled with hard work to get everything salvaged.

Addict

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:31 am

Glad you made it out safe! If this is a normal tripl for you? If so I think I will pass on any invites for a Duck hunt?

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:38 am

Were you at Farmington Bay? If so, Critter Control might be able to get us a boat to go fetch your gear?

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:28 pm

12 Volt Man wrote:Were you at Farmington Bay? If so, Critter Control might be able to get us a boat to go fetch your gear?
Call me!

birddog

Post by birddog » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:36 pm

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. The way you described the hunt, which sounds like it never got started, was a real bummer, but the way you wrote the story really made me laugh. Sorry for all your lost equipment. Hope you retrieve most or all of it and thank goodness no one was hurt or lost at sea!

Janet

Addict

Post by Addict » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:11 pm

We managed to get the rest of our decoys out in the blind today. Glad noone swiped them because they were in plain site.

The boat is down ten feet and marked on a gps. Clay is looking into a boat salvage company to get it out.

12volt,

We were up at cutler.

Tak,

This was definately not a normal trip for us. We missed most of the ducks that came in so if you can shoot better than us your not invited :wink: JK. The sinking boat was a first for us all.

I guess I wasn't clear in my first post but this happened after we were done hunting.

Missed a group of five male pintails that came into our spread. We were bummed out about that because we don't see many of them up our way. Did get one drake canvasback, a couple of mallards, and gads.

Anyway now that we have the decoys we are looking for a place that we can walk in to hunt. I will have to be the pack mule. Can't let a little thing like a boating accident slow you down! Still mad about losing my MT Dew! I got thirsty.

Addict

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:36 pm

OK the boat took on water? Who shot the hole in the boat!

Addict

Post by Addict » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:12 am

LOL,

Not me! No the guns were unloaded.

Well we fished the boat out and everything but about $100 worth of gear was salvaged.

Got my machete back! Need that so I have something to throw at the ducks when I run out of shells. Now we just need to rebuild the motor and we'll be tearing it up again.

After I ran the boat that I borrowed back I ended up with three flat tires. Can't believe I didn't pick up a nail in the fourth one.

To make the weekend even better my wife was in Manti visiting her family and decided to blow a tire out. Well my sister-in-law was following them home and helped her get a new tire. The spare was flat as well. To make matters worse she locked the keys in the car. :x I was in Pocatello Idaho when this happened and had to drive all the way down to Nephi Utah to let her in. I wasn't going to pay 200 for a locksmith to let her in.

Bring on Monday!

Hope everyone else had a better weekend.

Addict

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:22 am

And what are your picks for the Power ball?

Addict

Post by Addict » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:27 am

LOL

I never play lotto or gamble. I'd rather spend my $$ on shells and gas. That's a for sure win. Although it only takes one ticket to win.... You should see people lined up in the border towns of Idaho the last day you can by tickets. Takes you a half an hour just to pay for gas and get your mt dew.

I didn't know you had to pick your numbers on lotto. Don't they just automatically make some up for you?

Addict

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:31 am

Addict wrote:LOL

I never play lotto or gamble. I'd rather spend my $$ on shells and gas. That's a for sure win. Although it only takes one ticket to win.... You should see people lined up in the border towns of Idaho the last day you can by tickets. Takes you a half an hour just to pay for gas and get your mt dew.

I didn't know you had to pick your numbers on lotto. Don't they just automatically make some up for you?

Addict
Not sure how the Power ball works, but I would guess any numbers you get just won't cut it!
You don't get no wild hairs and think about Sky Diving or anything with the run of luck you are having!