Wisconsin pheasant hunt

birddog

Wisconsin pheasant hunt

Post by birddog » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:30 pm

Well, it is not a hunt in Iowa but they all should taste the same. Thought I'd post a few pictures of the stuff we hunt to find our pheasants. It's some nasty stuff and you need a dog with a superior nose to smell them hiding down under.

sdgord

Pheasants

Post by sdgord » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Nice photos good looking wire face dog, I see you are from Oconomowoc, do you happen to know a Gordon owner from that area with a Ch MH Navdha dog? SDGORD

EWSIV

Post by EWSIV » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 pm

Outstanding Pictures:!: 8) 8)

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:35 am

Nice looking wirehair. Could you tell where to find a dog just like her?

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:15 am

Very nice pictures.

Casper

Post by Casper » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:00 am

I bet you were saying "They do exist" :lol:

Nice looking dog

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:23 am

That looks like the stuff we hunt in Iowa/Nebr. Didnt have much luck yesturday, high winds gave the birds a turbo boost :) we did get deer on saturdays opener, hadda show the rookies how to dress it out. :( We had pheasants "talking" to each other behind us, and to each side of us. my brother came to the truck and said "gimme yer remington", he then proceeded to flush up a rooster and dispatch him promptly :) this was down at my Dads place, he passed away last Nov. so it was slightly emotional at times. He woulda been proud of us older coots taking out the young bucks and showing them how it is done. That was Dads role in my cousins lifes, he taught a lot of kids how to hunt in a safe fun fashion.

I went out friday (foo foo holiday, we get all of them off) to a co workers Dads place, lots of birds, deer etc. No body hunts it either. Dave told me he would go up with me and introduce me to all the area farmers so Iwould be able to hunt this area which is full of birds, just gotta love it.

Birddog, you are welcome to try a late season hunt, in Iowa :) anyone else send me a PM and Iwill try to accomadate a hunt. Any reason is good enough for me to go out and walk around with the dogs.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:18 am

markj wrote:That looks like the stuff we hunt in Iowa/Nebr. Didnt have much luck yesturday, high winds gave the birds a turbo boost :) we did get deer on saturdays opener, hadda show the rookies how to dress it out. :( We had pheasants "talking" to each other behind us, and to each side of us. my brother came to the truck and said "gimme yer remington", he then proceeded to flush up a rooster and dispatch him promptly :) this was down at my Dads place, he passed away last Nov. so it was slightly emotional at times. He woulda been proud of us older coots taking out the young bucks and showing them how it is done. That was Dads role in my cousins lifes, he taught a lot of kids how to hunt in a safe fun fashion.

I went out friday (foo foo holiday, we get all of them off) to a co workers Dads place, lots of birds, deer etc. No body hunts it either. Dave told me he would go up with me and introduce me to all the area farmers so Iwould be able to hunt this area which is full of birds, just gotta love it.

Birddog, you are welcome to try a late season hunt, in Iowa :) anyone else send me a PM and Iwill try to accomadate a hunt. Any reason is good enough for me to go out and walk around with the dogs.
Awesome story! Nothing like paying it forward just like it was to us. Had me an outing in Western WI on Sunday as well. Birds held tighter than a drum down in the waterway I worked through. That was their last mistake! How's the hunting down in IA been? Haven't beed down there in about 6 years.

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:24 pm

markj wrote:I went out friday (foo foo holiday, we get all of them off) to.....
Thank a veteran for serving our country, not for the day off in November.
Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day,” which commemorated the end of World War I on Nov. 11, 1918. Proclaimed by Congress each year starting in 1926, Armistice Day became “Veterans Day” in 1954 as a result of legislation signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. The intention of the name change was to honor all of those who served the nation in wars or conflicts. Veterans Day has been observed annually on this date since 1978, following a brief period of observance on the fourth Monday of October.

birddog

Post by birddog » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Getting a little off topic so I thought I would get us back on track with pictures of todays hunt. Took Volt today and the 2 pictures posted are of the same point. As I walked around to flush for my friend I took a close up picture. Image

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:26 pm

Great pics! Did you get a new camera?

birddog

Post by birddog » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:48 am

Hi Grant, yes I did get a new camera. Nothing like the one you have tho. Those or most were too complicated and expensive for me, so I bought a Kodak 360. Just point and shoot and it fits nice in a pocket. It was about $300.00. I am very satisified. I carry it with me all the time. Volt is just about broke and stands staunch and does not crowd the bird which allows me to get these shots. Unlike planted birds it is not easy because you don't know where the bird is or know when the bird will flush. It is really nice when I have someone else ready to shoot in case the bird decides to get out of there as illustrated in my posted picture, while I'm messing around "'shooting" pictures. Those pictures are of the, " real deal" ! Kinda puts the viewer in the field with me.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:06 am

Cool =)

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:45 am

That is one serious pointing dog, he looks great. I hope you get out and see more birds. Nothing makes a dog happier in my opinion.
How's the hunting down in IA been?
I live north of Council Bluffs, hunting has been good, I recently was invited to hunt a felow workers families farms about a hour north of my place, thats where I was Friday. I say a foo foo holiday cause not everyone gets to have it off as a holiday. My Grandpa was at Bataan, he survived it but suffered the rest of his life, 2 Uncles dead at Omaha and Normandy, 1 survived with a broken back, another went nuts and was in a home the rest of his life. Their sacrifices are in my mind and thoughts every day and I thank every vet I encounter. I was not intending on causing a fuss over my comments. I am very sorry if I offended anyone.

I work for a company that does credit union (banking) stuff so when they are closed we are closed. I get something like 11 holidays a year or so.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

wire

Post by wire » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:13 pm

HI wannabe,

You can get the wirehaired that is pictured, from birddog. I have (Erin) the best wiredhaired,got from birddog, I have ever owned and I have owned several. When her dogs point, the grouse is there and as her pictures shows, they do the same with pheasants.
I do hunt with birddog in Winconsin and making plans for next season. Always have a enjoyable time.

Wired

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:19 pm

wire wrote:HI wannabe,

You can get the wirehaired that is pictured, from birddog. I have (Erin) the best wiredhaired,got from birddog, I have ever owned and I have owned several. When her dogs point, the grouse is there and as her pictures shows, they do the same with pheasants.
I do hunt with birddog in Winconsin and making plans for next season. Always have a enjoyable time.

Wired

Is this dog for sale??? I saw one just like her for sale last year, but my kennel was full at the time.

birddog

Post by birddog » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:56 pm

No! This dog is not for sale. I think the poster wanted to say. "you can get a wirehaired like the one pictured, etc."