Last day of the year quail hunt.

Brett D.

Last day of the year quail hunt.

Post by Brett D. » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:24 pm

First of all I just wanted to say hello and that I am new here.
Went out for a quick quail hunt yesterday with my brother and and my Dog Cody. It was a slow day. We had one large covey of about 20 birds flush out of gun range right when we got there. Then after that it was just a few singles and doubles here and there. I got this picture of Cody on point.
It was just a single bird wich busted right when I had my hand in my pocket putting the camera away. My brother downed it before it got to far away. We left for home by 11am with only four birds for all our hicking.. I wanted to get back in time to watch the Charger game. :oops: I should of stayed out hunting.. Right when we were about to turn onto the main road we saw a huge covey of about 30 birds walking right next to the road and about 50 feet away from houses. I think they have been hunted pretty hard lately in the valley were we go so they have moved on down into the little town. Next weekend were going to try a new area.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:10 pm

Great picture. We are a funny bunch. Sometimes we would rather get a nice picture of the dog on point rather than shoot the bird.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:55 pm

12 Volt Man wrote:Great picture. We are a funny bunch. Sometimes we would rather get a nice picture of the dog on point rather than shoot the bird.
That is what it is all about for me....

-=nice photo=-