Laguna Mtn. quail hunt. 1-08-06

Brett D.

Laguna Mtn. quail hunt. 1-08-06

Post by Brett D. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:23 pm

Went up to Laguna mountain yesterday. Its about an hour east of San Diego.
My brother was taking me to a spot where he kept seeing lots of big quail while he was hunting deer. He warned me that it was a tough hike. He was right about that.
We descended just over a thousand feet in just over a half miles distance. Unfortunately we didn't find any quail. But the view was nice.
As we started to climb back up the hill we heard a few calling to us. I think they were lauguhing at us. We also found this circular rock wall in the middle of nowhere.
My brother talked to a local archaeologist who said its left over from the indians and they used it for hunting. I get a rare three day weekend next week so I'll make up for not getting any birds for my dog then.
Last edited by Brett D. on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:38 pm

Hopefully you'll get into a few next go-round. I'm headed to Cali on the 20th for the first time.. hunting Valleys, Mtns, and Chukars. I have a few friends out there who have the birds located for us.. now all I have to do is make the drive!! If I get the Valleys and Mtn quail, I'll have taken all 6 quail species this season!! Hope it happens..
Post some pics if ya get a few...

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:35 am

Absolutely beautiful! Hope you get into some birds on the next trip!

Great looking dog!