Heading to Montana this week any outlooks

mm

Heading to Montana this week any outlooks

Post by mm » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:29 am

I am heading out to montana thursday will arrive saturday and plan to hunt sunday through thursday and then head home. I am taking the wife and dog. She is flying while dog and I drive. This will be her first hunting trip. We plan to hunt circle, ft peck, Glasgow area. We are staying in hotels. Anybody with any outlooks advice on areas or anything please advise me. I plan on hunting all Block managment land I am not that familiar with the area and I would like to hunt near cut crops on farms if I can. I want to find sharpies and huns.
mm

labman21

Re: Heading to Montana this week any outlooks

Post by labman21 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey i'm from Helena and last year I was out by the Fort Peck Resevoir I never touched the crop fields. I went out looking for mulies down in the sage and coolies and it seemed i was flushing a covey of sharpies every 30 seconds. I was upset I had a rifle in my hand.

I don't know any specific areas but you definitely don't need to hunt the fields to find birds. I don't know how the weather this spring and summer have been out there though, it's been wet and cold here and the numbers are down.

Have fun
A dog is only as good as his trainer.