One last Chukar hunt.

12 Volt Man

One last Chukar hunt.

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:46 am

We thought we should get in one more Chukar hunt before the season ends. Critter Control, Addict, and Myself headed out Saturday morning.

First place we decided to stop looked promising. This little mountian looked like it should have Chukars running all over it. We didn't find a single bird. I was able to blast a rabbit so it wasn't entirely unsuccessful.

There is CC way up on the hill.

Just left of center on this picture you can see CC's dog Gur standing on a rock.

Cooper on the hillside.

Couldn't get the camera out quick enough, caught this picture just as most of them disappeared over the hill. There was a good 15 or 20 mule deer.

We had a good time. We didn't find any chukars. It was fun to get out. Addict and Critter Control really covered some ground. We have decided that CC is part mountian goat. That guy can go and go.

We had 5 dogs out runnin' around. My dogs deserted me a couple of times. I was taking the lower elevations trying to take it easy on my knee. I am a lot slower than the other two guys. My dogs want to be out front where the action is so they took off and hunted with Addict and Critter Control for most of the time.

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:21 pm

Here are a few more pics to ad to the entourage. Since the day was bust (as far as birds go) they are just pics of the dogs.

We did have a great time, got some exercise, and got to watch the dogs work. We found some tracks but alas no birds. Boy, that first spot looked great, but I didn’t find any sign. Guess that’s what happens when you go scouting! :shock:

Sounds like some of you guys got into some birds, nice!

We did however see several owls:

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:20 pm

12volt
I have come to the conclusion that you are discriminating against my short tailed dogs. :evil: :D :D
It is now coming on the last weekend and I have yet to be invited on a hunt. I know it can't be my shooting ability that scares you. :D
Heck even CC invited TAK to go on a cross country adventure.
I'm heading out this weekend, you in?

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:53 pm

its to bad you guys didnt get into any birds bu tat least you had a good walk :wink:

12 volt keep at the knee next year is gonna be here fast 8)

Donnerhund GWP

Post by Donnerhund GWP » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:49 pm

I passed that spot on the 23rd, Hunted the next likely spot to the south. Got the same results: no birds, 2 rabbits, great veiws.
You can really have the whole place to yourself on a weekday! I didn't see a soul the whole time I was out.
Men in Black -- Protecting Earth from the scum of the Universe
-------------------------------------------------------
Donnerhund!
Registered German Wirehaired Pointers