Tx hunt

snips
GDF Junkie

Tx hunt

Post by snips » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:18 am

Rick & I just got back from our trip to W.Tx hunting. I did not know there could be that many wild birds. It was awsome. There were propably 5 different times we shot and two different coveys would get up. Scenting in the a.m. was tough because of the dry conditions, but evening we got lots of good dog work. I wish I could go back with just a load of young dogs. I would post some pics if I knew how...
brenda

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 am

Brenda,

Would love to see pics. If you e-mail them to me I'd be happy to post them for you.

Ross.
rcallaway@sc.rr.com

Quailhunter

Post by Quailhunter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 pm

Brenda,

Let me know when/if you guys want to come back to West Texas. We'll show yall some of that famed hospitality and get you into plenty of birds. Where were yall this trip?

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm

Great to hear. I would like to make it on a Texas quail hunt one day myself. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

4 Paws

Post by 4 Paws » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:11 pm

Brenda, glad you guys had a good time, sure has been the year for good bird numbers clear across the board. Tell Rick I said hello. Dennis

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:51 pm

We were just past Snyder. Where are `ya at Quailhunter? We have unfortunatly used up our time away this yr, but might check you out on a later date. I just don`t see how it could get much better than it was this yr. Dennis, we enjoyed the hunting video. Sure looks like your girl has it down. How did her injury get?
brenda

kygrousehunter

Post by kygrousehunter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 pm

Sounds like a great hunt. Glad you had a good time.

4 Paws

Post by 4 Paws » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Brenda, we hunted the last week of the ND season in January. No problems with the leg, I dont have a clue what happened. I think it was a deep bruise they didnt heal quickly because she's always on the go, despite my efforts. By the time we went it was gone and she was runnin hard. I couldnt have asked for better birds for her on the January trip. Cold weather and snow hunkered them birds down tight. The first morning out we had probably 20 birds pointed all were hens except for one lone rooster...we got him. She is coming along nicely and we have been working steadily towards running in the trials. I'll keep you guys updated...Thanks for everything you guys have done for me. Dennis
PS: I am working on the videos from November and January

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Sounds good. I am breeding the sire of your dog to my Sally this spring. Hoping for some real good pups.
brenda

Quailhunter

Post by Quailhunter » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:25 pm

Brenda,

I'm in Lubbock but I hunt all over the Rolling Plains Region. Plenty of birds this year with a mild Winter (low mortality). If we can get the same type of rains that we were blessed with last year then it could be an even better one next year. Right now we are just enjoying the crop of birds that we have right now.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 pm

We went to Lubbock one day for lunch and some shopping. Stopped at a great Rustic Furniture place coming into town. Made me wish I had a log cabin. We might hook up next yr, hopefully won`t be as rushed as this time...
brenda