SE Neb,need help

vols fan

SE Neb,need help

Post by vols fan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I have been hunting around Courtland Nebraska for the last 12 years on private lands but all the farmers have told me that not only a lot of snow this winter but a major hail storm has all but wiped out the birds.Seems this storm was in June and also did so much crop damage that a lot of crop was just turned under.A friend of mine hunts there only on opening weekend and they shot 6 birds in 2 days but only saw about 10 .I have not seen other hunters there and it def does not get over hunted .It seems the storm was from hwy 41 north to Courtland and thats where i hunt. Still plan on going but was wondering if someone knew of some land close to Courtland that 2 of us could possible get on. It doesn't have to have alot of birds as the areas we hunt do not but we manage to find enough to keep the dogs and us coming back. Of the 6 birds my buddy shot, all we older birds.If someone could point me in the right direction. I know some would say just go somewhere else but we have made such good friends in that area that i really don't want to go elsewhere.So thanks, any help you can pm me. Tony

jkoehler

Re: SE Neb,need help

Post by jkoehler » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 am

I hunted south of Cortalnd around Beatrice and on over east and it was very tough going. Two days 4 birds, two of them roosters. We hunted all private stuff both days, and it was prime stuff so I can't image what pubic stuff looks like.