last day of AZ upland season

Scottyboy

last day of AZ upland season

Post by Scottyboy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:24 pm

And here is the final result of the last day... It was warm, DRY, and windy.

The birds were there but from the looks of it, they had been hunted hard over the weekend and they had been scattered. We found 4 coveys that had good numbers of birds in them, but also found quite a few singles that were all alone. Considering the circumstances, the dogs did pretty good. When they got enough scent, they would find them and pin them down. And the birds cooperated great today. They held like they had glue on their feet! Which worked good for the picture taking. All in all, not a bad way to end the season.

Here is Virgil with the lead point on the first bird of the day. It was a pair that was not with the rest of a covey. Penny and Willow backed him up nicely..

Another point on a single from a scattered covey...

Me and the mutts with a trio of males that fell to the trusty 'ol .410...

Just a pic that I liked of a little rooster and the Elsie...

And here's the final thought of the season from Virgil.. " Here's what I think of no rain since Sept. with no end in sight!!"

Thanks guys for putting up with all my bird ramblings throughout the season!!

amaya

Post by amaya » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Great pictures. Really nice looking dogs you have. Fantastic backing there.

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:33 pm

That Virgil sure likes to MOON everyone :lol: Nices Pics
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

Powertrip

Post by Powertrip » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:52 pm

We too ended the Arizona season with a bang. Opposite ends of the state from Scotty and a limit of Gambels. We had a great season, next year is not looking good at all. We are 121 days without rain, the previous record was 101 days.

Image[/url]

www.RemchesterBrittanys.com

Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:53 pm

Nice pic!!! Dogs look tired and hot!
I know what ya mean about it not looking good.. this is not the kind of record we need out here. It is a kinder box out there. :( I'm praying for rain, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Lets keep our fingers crossed....