Fall South Dakota Ringnecks

Meatballs

Fall South Dakota Ringnecks

Post by Meatballs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 pm

My brother and I hunted south central SD again this year. Great time. Birds were not thick but we always had our opps to killem. We shot more ratttlers than phes. Temps were in mid to high 50s. Pretty shocked by that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smilinicon

Re: Fall South Dakota Ringnecks

Post by smilinicon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 am

I looked at the pic before I read the thread and I thought "boy, those two look like brothers." :)

windswept

Post by windswept » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:17 am

The hunting season temps can be pretty warm in some areas. I hunt quite a bit in the Winner area and believe it or not I've gotten by with long sleeves and my hunting vest on every outing except two this season. Hat and gloves are a must but anything over about 35 degrees and a jacket can be a bit too warm.
Looks like you guys had a good time. Now we just need to work on getting a dog in that picture. :D

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 am

:D I thought the same thing.......where's the dog? HA!

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Hey guys...ur dead on the pic of the dogs. We used my brothers two labs, friends DD, and a Brittney.

We had a great time. All the dogs did great....especially since all the snakes were out. We put them up in the areas that we saw a bunch of snakes. We were concentrating on a corn field that was planted on an old prairie dog village....snakes inhabited the vacated dens i guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.