Quail in the hills

Benny

Quail in the hills

Post by Benny » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Took the dog out on a fair weather day.
Worked several coveys, and was very impressed with Emma holding tight over a single until I booted it out of the grass.

No complaints.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

gittrdonebritts

Re: Quail in the hills

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 pm

way to go ! good looking dog, since she is a GSP mix does she point of flush ?, i had a collie setter mix when i was a kid and he would point about 50% of the time. but always hunted flushed within gun range.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Boy Bennie, your getting right at home on this side of the mountain's!
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Benny

Post by Benny » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Oh she's got no real rhyme or rhythm. It's actually kind of nice, she flushes in the creek side where it's 20-30 ft wide swaths of alder, and when she's in the tall grass around some of the barn houses she'll hold pretty nicely on point. I think we've hunted together enough that believe it or not, she'll do what is necessary to give the gun an opportunity.

Don, it's quite nice being back on the dry side again. But I actually was only going to school in Corn valley, and was living in Enterpise/Wallowa for the last 5 years. Moving to prineville was like moving to the big city...stop lights and fast food! I'm loving it!
If not this season perhaps next season we'll finally hook up in Antelope or Condon for some good bird hunting.
Cheers!
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot