What beeper do you use ??? which is the best ???

mobeasto123

What beeper do you use ??? which is the best ???

Post by mobeasto123 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a beeper for my Britanny, I'm hunting in thick wood and having hard time finding my dog.. I actually own a Tri-tronics G3 exp pro 100 e-collar.. but I' hesitating between 3 beeper..

For sure the tri-tronics beeper with the hawk scream but I'm a bit affraid about it because I've heard a lot of bad thing on them ( a lot of guys had problems with them) but it seems that the service at tri-tronics is really great..

And the 2 other are the Scott 4 mode beeper without hawk scream

and the Scott 3 modes with hawk scream.. both are from lovett's company and are great according to some hunters ...

Can some of you give me a hint on that ... Which one do you use or for those of you that are using the TT beeper did you had some problems with them or are they doing great ???

Thank you
David
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

gittrdonebritts

Re: What beeper do you use ??? which is the best ???

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:24 am

I have all Tri collars and beepers and really only use them as a locater cause i feel like it scares pheasants but quail it works fine , i really like the tri beepers.

jayhawkj

Post by jayhawkj » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:29 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:I have all Tri collars and beepers and really only use them as a locater cause i feel like it scares pheasants but quail it works fine , i really like the tri beepers.
This!!!

bradtown

Post by bradtown » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:01 am

Tri Tronics has a new model coming out in Feb.......... looks great!

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:08 am

bradtown wrote:Tri Tronics has a new model coming out in Feb.......... looks great!
SWEET !!!!! of course after i get beepers for my collars now i guess i'll have to sell them to buy the new :mrgreen:

bradtown

Post by bradtown » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:22 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:
bradtown wrote:Tri Tronics has a new model coming out in Feb.......... looks great!
SWEET !!!!! of course after i get beepers for my collars now i guess i'll have to sell them to buy the new :mrgreen:
Check it out....

http://www.tritronics.com/content/new-beeper/

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 pm

I have the Tri Tronics G2 upland with beeper and I have had no problems with mine. I think that comp works great for a dog that ranges over 200 yards. I'll just follow the beeper and when the hawk screamer goes off I'll get real :D The G2 also fits in my Wingworks vest.. I also have friends with Dogtra and they really like those units.Good luck
mobeasto123 wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a beeper for my Britanny, I'm hunting in thick wood and having hard time finding my dog.. I actually own a Tri-tronics G3 exp pro 100 e-collar.. but I' hesitating between 3 beeper..

For sure the tri-tronics beeper with the hawk scream but I'm a bit affraid about it because I've heard a lot of bad thing on them ( a lot of guys had problems with them) but it seems that the service at tri-tronics is really great..

And the 2 other are the Scott 4 mode beeper without hawk scream

and the Scott 3 modes with hawk scream.. both are from lovett's company and are great according to some hunters ...

Can some of you give me a hint on that ... Which one do you use or for those of you that are using the TT beeper did you had some problems with them or are they doing great ???

Thank you
David
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

bradtown wrote:
gittrdonebritts wrote:
Check it out....

http://www.tritronics.com/content/new-beeper/
Wow that looks nice I'm about to post my other models in the for sale

mobeasto123

Post by mobeasto123 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:02 pm

thanks guys I'll surely take a look to the new TT beeper in feb...

thank you very much for your infos..
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

Merle

Post by Merle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm

TT or Dogtra can't go wrong with either one. FWIW, I went with TT sportupland G3 and like it alot.

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 am

I have the H20 1850 which is a training collar and beeper in one and can be remotely turned on and off. It also has a location button, which when pressed sends out one beep. I love the setup because I hate running a beeper as I walk through a field and if I loose track of my dog I hit the button and find him. Had 1850 for 2 1/2 years and no problems with either the beeper or corrective stimulation part of collar.

OhioVizsla

Post by OhioVizsla » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 am

I had a Lovette's dual tone collar that I wore out a year ago. I replaced it with a TriTronics G3 sport upland combo collar. I could not keep the collar from rotating on the dogs neck. The beeper rotated to sideways & sometimes pointed downward. I tried all the TriTronics fixes, & none of them worked. That made finding the dog nearly impossible when he was on point. I used it for a couple months & then bought another Lovette's dual tone to replace it. If you're using a beeper only, get the Lovette's.