Georgia Quail

JHumes

Georgia Quail

Post by JHumes » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Is there any good public wild quail hunting?
James -cell: 484-636-9938
-home:610-279-5110

rapid fire

Re: Georgia Quail

Post by rapid fire » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 am

Wild quail hunting, yes. Good wild quail hunting, NO. If you really put in the hours you can put up a covey or two a day on very few WMA's.

john36350

Post by john36350 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Yeah it's probably similar to the WMA's in Alabama I went last year and we worked allot of ground to get up 1 covey. I'm gonna try again this year but only b/c I don't really care to pay to go hunt on the plantations. I'm just going to buy some quail and plant them on my land for my dogs to train on instead lol. The public management down south is much more focused on deer management. If you play your cards right on some of these forums you may be able to find someone that knows where you could find some dove. Good luck

outdoorman

Re: Georgia dove hunting

Post by outdoorman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I would love to try some dove hunting in north Georgia, but having a tough time finding access to any land holding dove hunting. anyone have any idea where one could go to hunt dove?

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 am

There are several dove shoots each year, check the GON forum or with local sporting/gunshops.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

wberry85

Post by wberry85 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Hopefully with the relocation of QU to Albany things will look up for us. Its sad that we have let the population dwindle like it has. I think a quail hunt in Georgia with a trusty side by side and some good dogs is what I think of when I think the perfect quail hunt. Sort of like the movie "The Biscuit Eater". That tradition is mostly gone with the interest in upland hunting getting smaller each year. If you want to hunt quail in Georgia, its pay a bunch of money to hunt a plantation (yuck), hunt hard with the possibility of very low success if any, or join a bird dog club and do the best you can (often with pen raised birds). I do the second two and its as close to the olden days of Georgia quail hunting as I can get.