Introducing My First Gun Dog: Welcome Diesel!

Meatballs

Introducing My First Gun Dog: Welcome Diesel!

Post by Meatballs » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 pm

My brethren of the scatter gun sport...i have hunted over many gun dogs...each of them were owned by good friends or my brother. All breeds have been excellent hunters with different talent by breed, but even more determined by the owner.

I have now owned Diesel for 6 weeks. He is a Deutsch Drahthaar out of the vom Eisbarteich kennel in Watertown South Dakota. He is all puppy and reminds me that i am not 25 anymore...which was the last time we had a puppy...17 years ago.

He has obedience trained pretty easy so far...actually amazingly easy. He sits, stays, retrieves, stays, and lays down in just 6 weeks consistently.

As mentioned, this is my first gun dog. I researched many breeds and have hunted over a bunch of different pointers and retrievers. I have no regrets and I am even happier with the breeder I selected in Gene and Lona Kluck. I will get my second dog from them. Enjoy the pic. Cant figure out how to make the pic smaller. You can view it completely by actually clicking on the pic and then scrolling it to see him. Sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

44magnum

Re: Introducing My First Gun Dog: Welcome Diesel!

Post by 44magnum » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Congratulations! That's a very striking dog. My drahthaar pup comes next week. I can't stand the wait.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:20 pm

To bad its not Orange and white but he is still kinda cute lol J/K

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:29 am

Nice pup!! congrats on the success with training :D ..i cant see the pic that good but is that a shoe he has as a toy? if it is just be careful cause they cant tell the difference between a shoe thats allowed and ones that arent :wink: ......ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm

WOW! He looks very similar to my WPG pup, face markings are almost the same. Congrats on the new dog!
IMAG0042.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CowboyBirdDogs

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:28 am

Great lookin pup!

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:48 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:To bad its not Orange and white but he is still kinda cute lol J/K
I shot a double of phes over a britt last fall...first time over one...loved it...worked diligently and methodically and never in a hurry. great dogs!

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:49 am

jarbo03 wrote:WOW! He looks very similar to my WPG pup, face markings are almost the same. Congrats on the new dog!
IMAG0042.jpg
Youre not kidding...very similar.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 am

Meatballs,
Beautiful pup get her out in the field and woods as much as you can when she is young, they learn quickly.
RGD/Dave

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Love a good DD. Smartest pointing breed there is in my opinion. Mine is curled up under the covers against my legs as we speak. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.