Preserve Hunt

tnbndr

Preserve Hunt

Post by tnbndr » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Took the dogs out to shoot some pheasants with some buddies. (the humans were camera shy) Pic of dog and me at the end of the hunt. Got a little warm out and dogs are sick today, vomitting all day. Hope it was just the heat, did not see them get into anything.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Preserve Hunt

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Looks like you had a good time. I have been taking the dogs out the last couple of weeks and hve had some good days. Birds are wild, running and hard to get close to but we find one that will sit occasionally. Had three great points with the other dog backing when we found them last Friday. Hard o beat a day in the field with weather like this and excellent cover.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 am

Looks like everyone did their job well. All scratch birds? Up here on Friday scratch birds were few and far between. Nice looking dogs also.

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 am

No, not scratch birds. The owners buddies get those all cleaned up along with the hawks and coyotes. These were birds I released with my membership. Put out 20 and got 16 in the bag. We saw them all just needed some time to warm up the shooting eye.
Where in Wisconsin are you Mike50?
We had a couple wild flushes but I keep the dogs pretty close when the cover is slim. First season hunting these guys together, I need to work with them in the off season on backing. One is steady and the other is not so she gets all the retrieves.
Going out the next two weekends so hopefully they improve a little each time.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 am

Where in Wisconsin are you Mike50?
I'm up in Green Bay with a 5 year old and a 8 month old GSP. The GF. We belong to stoped last week releasing birds. So for us it's all stray birds.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:01 pm

As soon as I get my dog gun broke I am hoping to hit up Tanglewood, seems they are the only one open past the end of march. Not sure though as they don't have dates on their web page. Wish I could get her out before the end of March.

SeniorCoot

Post by SeniorCoot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:38 am

We're off to game farm today for last shoot of the year- good year but today is a challenge with fresh snow and wind-could have been nicer but early in week we were in 90F weather in texas bitching about how hot it was in our blinds- so we best take whatever we get and be happy.