My britt pointed one Ruff and flushed 3 today..

mobeasto123

My britt pointed one Ruff and flushed 3 today..

Post by mobeasto123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi there,

I think things become to be right wiht my dog.. Today I went to hunt He flushed 1 ruffed grouse and been Nicked for this and also been stood on Whoad for about 2 minutes before starting again.. About 15 minutes later He just stop and goes on Point on a Ruffed Grouse, he was about 15 feet away.. I've shot the bird.. And congrats my dog about this wonderful bird.. WE continued our hunt but about 10 minutes later he bumped another one I did the samething as the first.. And Again maybe 25 minutes later.. I don't really know what to think about this .. He just pointed that one really well but bumped the other one really bad..

Sometimes he just seem to be surprised by them just like he doesn't scent them and just stay there pointing them in the tree where they are... But anyway he flush them...

As I said before With pigeon and Chukkars and now Woodcocks eveythings Is ok .. Just some really hard time with Ruffies

Again Any hints on that ????????

David
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

mobeasto123

Re: My britt pointed one Ruff and flushed 3 today..

Post by mobeasto123 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Think I'll stay on my own on that !!!
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Pigeon, chukar and woodcock are not ruffed grouse. As he gains more experience he should get it more right than wrong.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:21 pm

You said "sometimes he just seem's suprized by them". Good chance he came to close on the up wind side and never knew they were there. He pointed the second contact. Don't nick him, give him the benifit of the doubt. If you don't know for sure what happened, always give the dog the benifit of doubt.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

mobeasto123

Post by mobeasto123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 am

We'll see in time if something is gonna happen with that dog.. If I get tired of it by the end of the next season, I'll have a heck of a Ruff flusher that is steady when the bird Flush.. I could have shot every each of them this year without any difficulties Cause he point them after the flush.. But I want The real Deal. So I'll wait he catch it up..

Thanks
David & ''Hunter ''