Garmin WIHA map update

natetnc

Garmin WIHA map update

Post by natetnc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Last year was the first time I had downloaded the WIHA maps to my garmin to make finding them a little easier while driving. So it is that time again this year and I don't know if the 2011 WIHA will update the old 2010 currently on my garmin or just add to it. If I do need to delete the 2010 version what is the default for saving.... I didn't save it as anything special that I can remember. Any help with this is appreciated.

thanks, nate

jimssetters

Re: Garmin WIHA map update

Post by jimssetters » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Are you able to mark certain areas ( good or bad) from year to year? Still thinking about garmin just havent been able to do it.

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

I am a first time Astro owner and I can say that having it to show me the way to the walk in areas is PRICELESS! Any GPS will do, mine happens to track the dog also... I tell ya PRICELESS!

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:44 pm

i use it on my vehicle garmin gps to help me find the areas not the astro. it is not an interactive program, it is simply an overlay download so you cant mark the actual WIHA area. What you can do is set a point of interest at the WIHA area for future reference. So I guess the answer is yes you can mark and return to a particular WIHA.

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:28 pm

natetnc wrote:i use it on my vehicle garmin gps to help me find the areas not the astro. it is not an interactive program, it is simply an overlay download so you cant mark the actual WIHA area. What you can do is set a point of interest at the WIHA area for future reference. So I guess the answer is yes you can mark and return to a particular WIHA.
Your right. If it was good for us I would mark it. Sad but we did not hunt more than a few of the same places twice.....