Reports on Kansas, Oklahoma or Missouri?

Stoneface

Reports on Kansas, Oklahoma or Missouri?

Post by Stoneface » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 pm

I hear Oklahoma and Kansas are not any more improved than they have been, but have heard Missouri is going to have a great year by recent standards (which is still not saying much).

Any reports?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

hunterw/newhobby

Re: Reports on Kansas, Oklahoma or Missouri?

Post by hunterw/newhobby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I hope you are right about Missouri. Would think the nesting conditions here in NW MO were ok at worst but hope the chicks were a little older/smarter when the heat started to suck. Still cant be to good here in NW MO though because if 2 quail produce 2 chicks then you still just have 4 quail, and some stupid a#$hole will come and shoot all 4. Still fun to chase the little suckers though.
Ross

Stoneface

Re: Reports on Kansas, Oklahoma or Missouri?

Post by Stoneface » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah, as little as five years ago I was heading out to Shawnee Trails, just out by Pittsburg, Ks, within the weeks leading up to the opener and we'd hear them call like CRAZY. Found a good many of them, too. When the opener came and went, though, there were no more birds. I mean, within a week or two you would not find another bird for the entire season. Not sure why because I've NEVER seen another hunter out there. As of late, though, you just aren't going to find any birds out there hardly ever. Made contact one time last October, just before the opener, but dogs never saw the birds. They flushed out of the thick stuff and the dogs just kept running.

That's a heck of a nice lookin' pup. How's she lined?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle