Phez Opener

Bberry20

Phez Opener

Post by Bberry20 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 am

So i have been counting down the days..... and Saturday cannot get here soon enough. PHEZ OPENER! Anyone else excited? Not to say grouse hunting isnt fun, but they are a lot harder to come by and the dog is itching to really get on some birds. Hope everyone has a great and safe season.

Brandon

Dave C

Re: Phez Opener

Post by Dave C » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am

Here in the UK the season starts 1st October, but we leave them until the end of October so the young are better flyers.
Our first hunt is on the 27th October and can not wait :D
Been shooting Ducks for the last month which i love doing, but you cant beat the dog work on the Pheasants.

Have a good season all,

Dave.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

I have no idea what you mean. The boys and I went to the grouse woods for the third day this year and, this time, we actually saw a bird.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm

I’m pumped, can’t wait! Been scouting/training on a few WMAs that have a decent amount of birds for our area…plan on getting to the one spot a couple hours early, hopefully that’s early enough.

Sounds like my girlfriend is coming along for the first time, probably the reason I’m even more excited than normal.

Best of luck to everyone, be safe, have fun!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:20 pm

rkappes wrote:I’m pumped, can’t wait! Been scouting/training on a few WMAs that have a decent amount of birds for our area…plan on getting to the one spot a couple hours early, hopefully that’s early enough.

Sounds like my girlfriend is coming along for the first time, probably the reason I’m even more excited than normal.

Best of luck to everyone, be safe, have fun!
Does she point and retrieve?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.