duck hunting in missouri

jcalla4

duck hunting in missouri

Post by jcalla4 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Planning a trip to Missouri in the future. I know there are quite a few C.A.'s east of Kansas city, such as Grand Pass. Anyone ever hunted there before and know what kind of terrain there is out that way?

bigeyedfish

Re: duck hunting in missouri

Post by bigeyedfish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 am

I'm not a duck hunter, but a good friend of mine has hunted Grand Pass and says it has been pretty good. If you're willing to drive a bit, Eagle Bluffs CA is supposed to be really good. It's just south of Columbia, so it can be crowded and I don't know how the new draw system works.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm

The golden triangle is pretty nice.

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/bird ... wl-hunting

You may want to look into the early quick draw stuff.
http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/bird ... quick-draw

http://www.mahaduck.com/wetlands/fountain.html

http://www.mahaduck.com/waterfowl/planning.html

That should get you started.

Best hunting is still down here in Louisiana when it gets cold and if you want we can go chase woodcock I live near Lafayette.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

seacowboy

Post by seacowboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm

jcalla4

Post by jcalla4 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm

northern cajun wrote: Best hunting is still down here in Louisiana when it gets cold and if you want we can go chase woodcock I live near Lafayette.
I might have to take you up on that. Never even seen a woodcock before. Been looking for something more upland to try since I got my GSP. Might could trade you a marsh duck hunt down here in south Lafourche. Not to sabotage my own thread, but I'm actually planning a trip to bayou teche game preserve in Breaux bridge. Ever been there before?

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm

jcalla4 wrote:
northern cajun wrote: Best hunting is still down here in Louisiana when it gets cold and if you want we can go chase woodcock I live near Lafayette.
I might have to take you up on that. Never even seen a woodcock before. Been looking for something more upland to try since I got my GSP. Might could trade you a marsh duck hunt down here in south Lafourche. Not to sabotage my own thread, but I'm actually planning a trip to bayou teche game preserve in Breaux bridge. Ever been there before?

Give me a holler or send a PM will get you on woodcock no problem. I haven't hunted the marsh in a while would be nice I mainly hunt the rice fields and flooded timber for waterfowl.

Yep know of the place Mike is a good guy was talking bird dog games with him the other night. You should have a good time.
You will be 15 minutes from my house.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm

All of the "duck" CA's will be pretty crowded, but Grand Pass and Eagle Bluffs likely more so than others. Four Rivers (further south) would be a good spot as well. Most of it can be wade and shoot, though a layout boat might help some!