Another good day on the rez

deseeker

Another good day on the rez

Post by deseeker » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 am

There's no birds in Washington County, so I went back north to the indian rez. This morning I took Penny 5 and my male, Shooter. I hadn't even gone 75 yards until I had my first point over Penny 5--2 hens and a rooster--got the rooster. In that field I got another hen point from Penny5 and had about 10 more birds get up out of range. I switched dogs on to the next field. I hadn't even gone 200 yards in that one before I had a hen point with Shooter. Half way thru the field Shooter has a rooster pointed--I miss it---I can tell he is not happy with me. He gets even with me taking out 2 roosters out of range--now I'm the one not happy :( I walk a rooster up and drop it so he has something to retreive --- now he's happy again :). About 200 yards from the truck I can tell he's working a runnin' rooster. He finally slams to a point about 50 yards from the truck. I knock it down within 25 yards of the truck. The hunts over, time for both dogs and myself to eat donuts and call it a day. :D
Below is a picture of Penny 5 and the birds ---Shooter was more interested in getting fed than getting his picture took :roll:
penny5 +penny6 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quanah labs

Re: Another good day on the rez

Post by quanah labs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Sounds like you guys had a great hunt!

Nice looking dog

quackerjack

Post by quackerjack » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm

That is great! :lol: It's that kinda story that gets me all revved up about hunting behind a dog! Thanks for sharing.
Peace, it's what's for dinner!

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:58 am

Deseeker,
Where is this reservation you are hunting on, cost and limit? With the way the numbers are southeast NE I am looking at some other way to get some bird hunting in.