Missouri Quail Hunting

Mr. Crappie

Missouri Quail Hunting

Post by Mr. Crappie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Bess and Lindy.JPG
Been finding a good number of birds in northeast Missouri. Helps having good dogs !! My dog has this covey pointed and my buddys dog is backing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mr. Crappie on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SetterNut

Re: Missouri Quail Hunting

Post by SetterNut » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Very nice, good pic of the dogs on the birds.
Steve

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes, thanks for the photo. We did okay this season, too. Turns out we're infested with Woodcock when the season is here and have had more contacts with quail than I've ever had, though the girls are inexperienced so scratching down any birds has been a sketchy job. Don't be shy with the photos, keep them coming.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Mr. Crappie

Post by Mr. Crappie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Monroe County hunt with Nick Senn.JPG
This was a photo taken in Monroe County the next day. My female pointing a a friends dog backing. We found three more coveys that day as well. With the winter precipitation we received today, hunting should get better. The birds we have found have been any where.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Crappie

Post by Mr. Crappie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm

I am thinking the hunting in Missouri has been better this year than it has in many. I have found more birds and taken more as well and we stil have another month left ! I'm not into killing birds as much as I am getting my dog into them. I have a 18 week old pup that once I aquaint her to gun fire, I will be letting follow along !! I can't wait.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Very cool. I'm headed up to Nebraska to put Mox on some sharptails this weekend, but will jump back on the show-me quail when I get back. Seeing all this activity is making me anxious.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle