Another day at Silver Springs

vartz04

Another day at Silver Springs

Post by vartz04 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Packed this time there compared to last time. The last time I went I was the only hunter in the spot I was in. I thought this would lead to Ruger (my weim) being distracted. I was wrong.

After getting out there and a couple of guys taking what appeared to be the best spot on the area I was hunting I walked out a little ways and started off into the wind. After about 20 minutes of listening to this guy blowing his dog whistle non stop and about 20 shots going off Ruger pointed a bird in some really thick brush I said get it and he flushed it up. I shot the bird with my grandpas 20 gauge Ihtica Super Single that I just finished fixing up and then he retrieved it and brought it back to me with a little coaxing.

That was the only bird he found but with all the whistle blowing and gunshots from the guys who easily used a box of shells and had the same number of birds to show for it as I did I think we did all right.

Stoneface

Re: Another day at Silver Springs

Post by Stoneface » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Very cool. Pheasant, I imagine?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

vartz04

Post by vartz04 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Yep a pheasant. It was a good feeling taking that gun out looking good again and bagging a rooster with it. It was also a good feeling not even talking to my dog and him finding the bird while the whistle master was over there missing shots left and right with a fancy over under.

millerms06

Post by millerms06 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 am

That is hunting for you: you are always educated by your prey!