Dove Season

SpinoneIllinois

Re: Dove Season

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:33 am

LegBand, she's a spinone.
Wish I could have gotten her more action, but my usual dove spot still has the farmer's crops standing. I went to a public area, and there was quite a crowd.

Rmgariador

Dove Season

Post by Rmgariador » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378159988.384959.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378160007.089316.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YEP!

Rmgariador

Dove Season

Post by Rmgariador » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:15 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378160072.934222.jpg
We had a few good days 7 day 1 and 9 day 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YEP!

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Good weekend. Ended up with 88 for the opener, morning and evening hunt. Most importantly was my nephews first hunt, he did great shooting 12 birds, gonna be quite the shooter. Cold front overnight left us with very few birds, 14 this morning. Left me time to take a sunrise pic with Taz. He did great with marking and being steady.

Legband

Post by Legband » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm

SpinoneIllinois wrote:LegBand, she's a spinone.
Wish I could have gotten her more action, but my usual dove spot still has the farmer's crops standing. I went to a public area, and there was quite a crowd.
She's beautiful.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 am

Took my dogs out dove hunting. The opener was a lot slower then last year but I m sure it had to do with the crops of sunflowers being destroyed by flooding.
First day with Max and Abby . I am ashamed to say that I do not hve any pictures of the birds from that hunt. When we were done we were so tired we went home and took a nap.
When I woke up Jim had teh birds cleaned and cooking for dinner. So, we didnt get a picture.
My son got to come a long with us and it was great to be able to hunt with him. I have to admit it is so strange meeting my son somewhere to hunt. Watching him drive up to the location in his car, I could still picture the kid with the skinned knee and training wheels on his bike. Time flies.

The second day I took Baja out by herself. Thought it best this way as she is still pretty young and I needed to focus on her control.
That trip we shot 2 doves. She retrieved 1 and we had to find 1. The weeds were over our heads and she ws struggling to get through them.

Then I took Baja and Abbt out together and I was happy to see that Baja was feeding off of Abby's calmness in teh blind. We hd lways thought that baja was going to be a handful in the blind. But after today I discovered we are wrong.

Here are a few pictures

My son

My husband with Abby and she had her game face on!
]

Abby in front, teaching the pup, Baja to be calm. I do believe dogs lern by watching others.

Baja with her dove

Baja. This dog has ZERO intensity!
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Legband

Post by Legband » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 am

Nice pics looks like a good time in the making
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Legband

Post by Legband » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:22 am

Well I have been several more times but I'm sorry to say I only took a pic two evenings ago .
We shoot this spot a couple times a year there is no flight at all until 6:45 from then until shoot light ends about 45 mins its on I dropped ten my last in a tree and figured I could shake it out, I couldn't and my Lab refused to climb up and get it , Lazy Beast so I ended with nine , there's a canal the dog had to retrieve out of about 30 wide I didn't think to take a pick of it but I took one of a smaller one a few days ago.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:24 pm

First season ever in ON this Sept.
My friend did well. ( I bred his dog.:) )

http://www.oodmag.com/community/showthr ... nd-Setters
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Red dog did fine with "adult" hunters. He seemed a lot happier since we actually killed quite a few with less shells than with the youth hunts. It's been too hot for dogs in the evenings, so Rooster has only been able to go two mornings. Today he and my husband (and I) got 10 birds. Respectable for a "non-planted" field.

Flashbritt

Post by Flashbritt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 am

Busy weekend for Flash my 14.5 month Brittany . Very thankful he had been forced fetched in training eariler this summer
My hunting buddies were too, As he was retrieving their birds also for them in thick cover. This hunt was down by Az/ Ca border Temperatures were around 100 and humid. Thankfully there had been thunderstorms the night earily and we had a running creek from flash floods earlier. This also allowed him some water retrieves also. First picture Sundays hunt and last is Saturdays hunt

Legband

Post by Legband » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Nice shoot , Beautiful Dog
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Dove kicked off here in AL the 7th of sept. a few pics from the lat couple of weekends.

Flashbritt

Post by Flashbritt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Legband wrote:Nice shoot , Beautiful Dog
Thanks for the compliments. Flash is shaping up to be a solid dog. Just about 15 months old now. We had another good shoot Saturday morning all done by 9am. Looking forward to quail season now.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Tyler S----nice picture of the dog hiding in the stock tank :D :D

Legband

Post by Legband » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

We have had really fun season as well but this week we are installing blinds so early goose is probably our next shoot.
Stay on those doves .
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:58 am

deseeker wrote:Tyler S----nice picture of the dog hiding in the stock tank :D :D
I seriously thought about getting in there with him :D hot here the past 2 weeks

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:39 pm

I took my 12 year old granddaughter out dove hunting on the 2nd to the 4th as my bird dog retrieving my doves. On the 5th, after practicing with my grandsons 870 (he's now stationed on the USS Eisenhower Carrier out of Norfolk) she went hunting with me again. On her first bird, she brought the gun up, cheek down, followed through on a right to left shot and proceeded to kill her first dove ever on her first live shot ever. Proud, Proud Proud. Memory that will last a lifetime.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

Legband

Post by Legband » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 am

For you and Her!
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 am