Dog Ranging far far more without bell, with beeper only

mobeasto123

Dog Ranging far far more without bell, with beeper only

Post by mobeasto123 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 am

Hi guys, my britt is at about a week to be 4 years old. He is a good dog, have a lot of drive and point a lots of bird. The fact is on the last 2 outing I didn't put his bell on and ran him only with the beeper on '' Point mode '' ( the first time I just forgot it at home and on the second it was deliberated from my part) The surprise I had is that the dog is ranging a lot lot more that he normally do. Instead of going 100-200 feet each side of the trail where he usually find a lot of birds, he is now more like 300-500 feet each side and up to a 1000 feet in front and running fast like he never did before.. I thought by myself '' It's not my dog, someone exchanged my dog for a Pointer.'' But I think I'm gonna keep it like that. More field covered = more birds .... I think.

Do some of you guys already experienced something like that?
What do you think I should do ??

p.s. I never Hunted him before without a bell. I ran him on regular outing everyday without a bell but just had vever noticed it before.

Thanks
David
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

Winchey

Re: Dog Ranging far far more without bell, with beeper only

Post by Winchey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:12 am

I have seen that before to am extent. I would bet that the dog is just having an easier time keeping track of you without the bell clanging in his ears so he ventures a little further.

mobeasto123

Post by mobeasto123 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 am

it could be possible, he is the kind of dog that always want to keep track of me..
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!

ruffbritt4

Post by ruffbritt4 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 pm

I was wondering about this same thing. I got a low tone bell that is loud, and my dog did not listen very well when it was on. Wonder if he didn't hear me over the bell. Anybody have this problem?