good day of hunting!!

WillieELk78GSP

good day of hunting!!

Post by WillieELk78GSP » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Cabella did awesome today, she has been such a joy in the field its nuts, pointed 6 pheasants got 5 of them and she hunted hard for about 3 hrs, she is definitely sore today and paws hurt a bit, but I got info from guys on this website about conditioning her pads with "tough paw" it helped a lot and I will continue to use as long as I hunt!. Had family up from out of state and they just had a blast as well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
God Bless

greg jacobs

Re: good day of hunting!!

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 am

Looks like you had a nice time. What do you think of the area. It's close but I've never been there. Did your dog come from around here.

WillieELk78GSP

Post by WillieELk78GSP » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:52 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Looks like you had a nice time. What do you think of the area. It's close but I've never been there. Did your dog come from around here.

I like going there its a lot of fun and great for the dog when you can't make it to go wild pheasent hunting!! And its great for working the dog, I got my dog out of las Vegas and had her trained by RJ marquart at quicksilver kennels! He is a fantastic trainer. Alice and Doug owners of Cooke canyon hunt club are awesome, talked to Doug yesterday and he is always willing to help you out and answer any questions but I have never known anyone to have had a dog trained there so I don't know. Seems like he is good though.

Will
God Bless

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:14 pm

The wild roosters have been tough to get near this last month. I'll have to swing in and see what it's all about after the season.
7 month old pup. I'm thinking she would really enjoy a day or two over there. With the membership that first trip is a little costly.
Greg

WillieELk78GSP

Post by WillieELk78GSP » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Its costly every trip, but yes with the membership it is even more costly!
God Bless