Late Nov Kansas Quail Hunt

bossman

Late Nov Kansas Quail Hunt

Post by bossman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:59 pm

A much belated thank you to Jim Gourley of Beverly, Kansas "setterdogs.com", for another great quail hunt. My wife, nephew, close friend and I spent three days hunting wild quail with Jim in late November. We paired our Shorthairs with some of Jim's outstanding Setters. We have started making the journey to Kansas due to a total lack of quail in North and West Texas (and I mean lack). We had many covey finds every day and also saw pheasants that flushed wild in the distance. Jim not only works hard in getting his clients into birds, but also puts down an excellent string of Setters. We are attaching a few pictures to give flavor of the dog work. We look forward to continuing this traditional post-Thanksgiving hunt. Our good friend Doug, brought his two year old female, Katie, on her first wild bird hunt. The light bulb turned on after she ran through her first two coveys. Afterwards, holding multiple coveys and singles with style. It was fun to watch!!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: Late Nov Kansas Quail Hunt

Post by birddogger » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Sounds like a great hunt Jerry. Thanks for sharing, I especially like that next to last picture....That is some real style and intensity!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

bossman

Post by bossman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Thanks Charlie. Your comments are always appreciated. We also found a couple of great restaurants in Salina. Always fun to watch a young dog "get it". Thanks for your comments about Moose. I'll go downstairs and tell him...if I can wake him up and get him off of Julies lap :D Hope all is well with you!

mtlhdr

Post by mtlhdr » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 am

Very nice.

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:49 pm

I just took my 8 month old pointer to jim to have trained I have heard good things about him I am very picky I hope the things are true!!!

zzgour

Post by zzgour » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Jerry. Look forward to hunting with your group next year. Your friend and guide, Jim Gourley - 7852494316
Jim Gourley - Setter Dogs - Bird Dog Training & Guided Hunts - 785-249-4316