MO opening day quail

nhachman

MO opening day quail

Post by nhachman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Only had a few hours to hunt yesterday, but got out early and hit a place just up the road. We covered a few hundred acres and found two coveys. The dogs did superb, had some great points, honoring, and a fantastic blind retrieve. Not bad for a two hour hunt.

tailcracken pointer

Re: MO opening day quail

Post by tailcracken pointer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Good show i hunted my tail off on truman lake and did terrible and i knew where 3 coveys were and only found one , but it was fun anyway .

mm

Post by mm » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:25 am

Nice. How was the weather and are crops out. Thinking of heading out end of Nov or early Dec.
mm

nhachman

Post by nhachman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 am

We had a freeze Saturday morning, so that helped with scenting even through it was still pretty green out. Everything will be dying off now but the weather is going to warm up in the 50s this week. The field I hunted still had beans standing on it, but the area around me is about 75% harvested on beans, 30-40% on corn. Both birds had beans in their crop.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:12 am

My son and I took the dog's to Missouri for opening weekend and saw nothing but deer and wood ducks, we must have picked the wrong area but at least the dog's got some exercise.