BIRDS, BROWNINGS, BLACK DOG

Irishwhistler

BIRDS, BROWNINGS, BLACK DOG

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:10 am

"BIRDS, BROWNINGS, and a BLACK DOG", all the makings of a grand hunt when TEAM TRAD takes to the field in search of November Pheasants in New England.

At not quite 15 months old, me Labrador gundog TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD JH, plowed through cover to flush multiple birds for us yesterday as we tried to squeeze in a hunt prior to the pending Nor'Easter. TRAD retrieved a brace o' birds each for meself and me gunning Mate (Henry). A "first season" gundog, TRAD is performing much like a dog of greater maturity and ezperience. TRAD is a joy to gun over and has been completely steady to wing, shot, and fall since age 11 months.

Not a lot of arm twisting was involved to convince Henry that a "pre-storm pheasant hunt" with our Browning 20 bores would be a grand day afield.

Of the four birds Shot and retrieved during this hunt, three required TRAD to traverse a swift, rain-swollen river to make retrieves of birds that dropped on the far shore and he did so with precision and great drive. To date, TRAD has retrieved a total of 48 pheasants for meself and me gunning Mates in his "rookie season" as a gundog.

TEAM TRAD wishes all on Gun Dog Forum a Happy Thanksgiving, Safe Travels, And Great Hunting! :D

Cheers,
Irishwhistler and TRAD

nhachman

Re: BIRDS, BROWNINGS, BLACK DOG

Post by nhachman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:32 am

It looks like you had a fine hunt. Thanks for sharing your accounts.