More Pheasant pics

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

More Pheasant pics

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:49 am

Some more pics of Jack and I. Today was a good challenge for us, cold, windy, and an icy crust on the snow, the birds are a little more crafty in this type of weather.
LVRGSP

Image[/img]

[/img]Image

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Nice pics thanks for sharing.

Only thing I would change is the shirt, you should have a quality shirt on when hunting or posing for pics. You know like a 49er shirt, a shirt with a goat"s head on it draws away from the beauty of the dog and the pheasants :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Its a Ram not a goat!

I was on the Little League Rams for 3 years. About 7 years ago.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:25 am

Don't make the goat mad, he might have to go and kick your 49'ers butt

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lvrgsp

Coach529

Post by Coach529 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Wish we had some of that weather....it has been dry and warm the last couple days.

I have been dying to chase some roosters in the snow!!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:13 am

That last storm that hit us. We ended up with 2 inches of ice and the 6 inches of snow in a 24 hr period, the hunting was brutal on the dogs pads and belly. I only hunted him for 30 min. one day and an hour this past weekend, now its 45 and raining, what a mess.

LVRGSP :)

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:06 am

Looks like good times! The dog doesn't like it all does he?? :)

What are the tags? Do you have to tag 'em like a deer or something?

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:37 am

lvrgsp wrote:Don't make the goat mad, he might have to go and kick your 49'ers butt

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lvrgsp
Lvrgsp, where are you located with all that snow?

DG, I noticed the tag also. Might be a preserve bird considering the leg tag??. Is that a hen in the dogs mouth in the 2nd and 3rd picture or a very young rooster? :D

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:57 am

Did you hit up Morraine View Lvrgsp? I was supposed to go down there yesterday but it didn't work out. I need to get there one more time before the year is up. The last time we were there it was a disappointment.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:56 pm

I live in Central Illinois, about 30 miles south of Bloomington, I hunted these birds on a state park so you have to check them in befor you leave.
DG,
I absolutely love all the pics you post, I would love to get Jack out west to see how he rolls.

Yep made it to moraineview this weekend on the stanby list, we had a ggod time the weather was cooler and the wind was blowing pretty good, the ice kinda got to Jacks belly a little bit but, we found 4 birds in an hours time and 2 nice bucks. There were a lot of people their this weekend, we were the first ones to check in with our limit, so it did not appear that everyone was finding birds. I know the 4 hunters in the same area with 2 dogs found nothing and Jack and I came in behind them and got our limit, not bragging, but he has done well so far this season, he seems to have this uncanny ability to just dig birds up. He really seems to just find them. I am planning on going up to Dennis Braths, Cadens Kennels in 2 weeks for a couple of days. Hoping to send Jack to his winter camp in Texas to finish him, in Feb.

Lvrgsp

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:00 am

Well the goat fan is officially p-offed, they got dehorned by the bears Monday night. Crap.

LVRGSP