Chukar Hunt Northern Nevada

Garrison

Chukar Hunt Northern Nevada

Post by Garrison » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:31 am

Went on a trip up to see some family in northern Nevada for Thanksgiving, got away for a couple days of chukar hunting and one day of duck hunting. Played around with the camera a little while I was there.

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

mask

Re: Chukar Hunt Northern Nevada

Post by mask » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Beautiful photos thanks for posting. What kind of camera and did you find some birds?

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks, I have an inexpensive Nikon SLR with a lense my fater Inlaw gave me, he has the good stuff. Found some birds and more ducks then I care to eat. I took the pictures on the day when my uncle drove me around and showed me some spots to check out and introduced me to a few of the ranchers he is friends with to get me on their property. Nice having 40 years of local knowledge and friendships to help a trip out. Picked up a couple sandwiches at a Basque restaurant and drove a ton of country great time and bird dog heaven up there.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

snowbeard

Post by snowbeard » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Great photos...thanks for posting!

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:25 am

The best part of Nevada is that the Interstate runs through the ugliest scenery. I lived there for 8 years and you get out of the old lake bed and the state is spectacular. Those photo reminds me of alot of my chukar and quail hunts. Great photos and good looking dog.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Nice great pictures.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson