North Dakota Round 2

dugger13

North Dakota Round 2

Post by dugger13 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 am

Going out to Hebron ND tommorow. Does anyone know what the snow conditions are out there? I have high hopes for this trip. Weather looks perfect and birds should be around. In October our land we hunted still have corn and sunflowers in, not anymore :)

Also if anyone is in that area and would like to show me a spot or two PM me. I could repay the favor with land to hunt in Northern Wisconsin. Thanks

Wyobio

Re: North Dakota Round 2

Post by Wyobio » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Check here: http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/snow_model/i ... idwest.jpg

We hunted NW ND a few weeks ago and there was a foot or so on the ground, drifted a bit more in some areas, bare ground in others. Lots of birds, they are bunching up and getting spooky, but we had no problem limiting out 5 days.....

hettmoe

Post by hettmoe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:28 pm

You and your dogs will have fun!!!

ctcahoe

Post by ctcahoe » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Good luck! I'm making the 13 hour drive from Indiana to Oakes, ND tomorrow. I'm pumped for my first Dakota Pheasant hunt. :D It looks like the weather is going to be great for mid-December.
CPR Lock N' Load Leo

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Got back and weather was outstanding. We hunted in T shirts for the afternoons. It was a great trip. Our 4 man limit was never reached any of the 3 days hunting, but we sure could have it we hit all the birds we shot at. 1 of the days was a public land spot and we did great there. Here is my best picture from the trip. All in all, we took 24 roosters from the great state of North Dakota.
tracktor hd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wyobio

Post by Wyobio » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Wow, crazy warm weather for December in North Dakota! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Here's a couple pics from our trip over Thanksgiving. We had snow and temps from -5 to +35, with wind every other day it seemed. Good #s of birds, some days I had a limit of pheasant shot over points before 10! Other days we worked to get limits for the 2 of us before dark. There were lots of birds on the PLOTS areas, you could have hunted only public access areas and done just fine this year. The second pic is my 12 Year old GWP on point. I would save an hour to hunt with her every day and she not only pointed but found cripples in thick cattails. She still wants to go go go, and whines and cries when we leave her behind!