WW vests - grouse pockets or the standard?????

Hotchkiss

WW vests - grouse pockets or the standard?????

Post by Hotchkiss » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

I plan on order a WW vest. Do you have an thougts on whether I should order the shorter grouse pockets or the longer standard pockets? I think the grouse pockets would be less likely to be in the way and the longer ones would be handy for the tri-tronics control unit. Thanks for your time and responses.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: WW vests - grouse pockets or the standard?????

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:19 pm

I have the standard and it works for me very well. I do recommend buying from the pheasants forever marketplace because the proceeds benefit wildlife habitat.

skyehunter

Post by skyehunter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:25 am

I have the longer pockets as well, and hunt the steep hills in Southern AZ chasing Mearns. They are sewn into place based on the measurements you provide so that the pockets are on the seam line (...if purchased directly, not sure if made to fit if purchased from any other vendor), subsequently they do not bump your legs as you walk. I remember when I purchased mine reading that somewhere on the WW website as well. GREAT VEST, you won't ever need another. Enjoy.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:35 pm

If you're using a TT collar shaped like the pro 100, there is a special transmitter holser on the right side for that. I have the regular pockets and my only SMALL complaint is that the pockets are too narrow. I understand that a year or so ago, they widened the pockets. Very hard to get big mitts (hands) in the old pockets. I could not see how short pockets would be an advantage.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

rocksteady1

Post by rocksteady1 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:01 pm

The wingworks is better than q5 products center fire vest?