Grouse today

ruffbritt4

Grouse today

Post by ruffbritt4 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Took my 3 year old Brittany out today. He gave me a great point right off the bat and I finally was able to connect on my first grouse of the year. This bird was a trophy for sure. After that I did not have any desire to shoot another bird, my day was made. We continued on and he gave me another great point and we flushed a different bird out of a tree. 3 flushes in an hour and a half is a good day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mnaj_springer

Re: Grouse today

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Cool looking red phase. Nice work!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

33Scout

Grouse today

Post by 33Scout » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Beautiful Cinnamon grouse!!! Looks like the dog had a blast. Glad to see it all come together. Keep after them.

ruffbritt4

Re: Grouse today

Post by ruffbritt4 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:58 am

33Scout wrote:Beautiful Cinnamon grouse!!! Looks like the dog had a blast. Glad to see it all come together. Keep after them.
It sure was a beautiful bird, had a very large fan. This bird has always found a way to trick us when we hunt this cover. Definitely proud of both my dogs progress this year, truly amazing how much they can learn just from getting experience.