opening day

greg jacobs

opening day

Post by greg jacobs » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:08 pm

rsz_20161022_121003.jpg

Was able to get together with my 2 sons. Quality time for sure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NEhomer

Re: opening day

Post by NEhomer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Great stuff!

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 pm

How did that new shooting iron do :D

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:56 am

Enjoying it a lot. Have a couple hundred rounds at clays, maybe a little under a box at quail and pheasant. Feeling more natural with the safety and breaking it open to load. The 26" barrels swing nice on quail and my percentages have been good there but feels a little short compared to what I've shot for a lot of years. Have had 2 no fires. Broke it open closed it nothing again. Watch two pheasants fly away. Took the shells out opened closed a couple times messed with the safety and over under selector then it took off firing again. Must need to pull the rear stock off and clean it. Don't love the patterns from the original invector plus choke tubes. Have quite a few scattered pellets around the edges and some holes.Going to order some aftermarket chokes and see if they look better. I've read that the aftermarket chokes pattern better. Will have to see for myself on that.

mtlhdr

Post by mtlhdr » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:22 am

Very nice!

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:53 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Enjoying it a lot. Have a couple hundred rounds at clays, maybe a little under a box at quail and pheasant. Feeling more natural with the safety and breaking it open to load. The 26" barrels swing nice on quail and my percentages have been good there but feels a little short compared to what I've shot for a lot of years. Have had 2 no fires. Broke it open closed it nothing again. Watch two pheasants fly away. Took the shells out opened closed a couple times messed with the safety and over under selector then it took off firing again. Must need to pull the rear stock off and clean it. Don't love the patterns from the original invector plus choke tubes. Have quite a few scattered pellets around the edges and some holes.Going to order some aftermarket chokes and see if they look better. I've read that the aftermarket chokes pattern better. Will have to see for myself on that.
What shells are you shooting? I tell ya I am a descent shot and I started having more misses than I ever had I switched from the best shell there is federal #5s 1500 fps for pheasant , and tried some fiochies big mistake they pattern like "bleep" and have holes in there pattern awful shell , just saying

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:55 pm

fiocchi

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:57 pm

I'll second trying some different shells before giving up on the chokes in hand. (if you haven't already done so)

Looks like it was a good opening day..we start Tuesday : )

I've gained a good deal of confidence in Remington Express shells regardless of gauge fwiw

edited to add - are those all the family dogs?

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Mine are in the middle. Both of the boys have liver shorthairs on both ends. One son is a 100 miles away. So I bounce back and forth and hunt with both. It's hard to get all three of us together. We all really enjoy the times when we all get together.

I'll try different brands of shells. That sounds like a better starting point.

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Get the federal pheasants forever or black cloud , they light them up!! 1500 fps !!

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Enjoying it a lot. Have a couple hundred rounds at clays, maybe a little under a box at quail and pheasant. Feeling more natural with the safety and breaking it open to load. The 26" barrels swing nice on quail and my percentages have been good there but feels a little short compared to what I've shot for a lot of years. Have had 2 no fires. Broke it open closed it nothing again. Watch two pheasants fly away. Took the shells out opened closed a couple times messed with the safety and over under selector then it took off firing again. Must need to pull the rear stock off and clean it. Don't love the patterns from the original invector plus choke tubes. Have quite a few scattered pellets around the edges and some holes.Going to order some aftermarket chokes and see if they look better. I've read that the aftermarket chokes pattern better. Will have to see for myself on that.
is this gun a Browning Cintori? If the action is not completely closed it will not shoot, just like the safety is on. It looks and feels closed but not enough. This happened to me. Dirt. I am talking about .0001 thick dirt ( dust) will stop it from shooting. I took 2500 sand paper to my action to loosen it up a little. Never had the problem again.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

On the barrel side?

jeff shumaker

Post by jeff shumaker » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Very nice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.