1st 2016 hunt with my brothers

MNTonester

1st 2016 hunt with my brothers

Post by MNTonester » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:50 pm

My brothers come to Minnesota from out of state twice a year to hunt pheasants and grouse. We made our first pheasant hunt last week 11/9-12. We had a great first afternoon and would have limited early in the afternoon if I could shoot straight. My youngest brother, who shot well the whole hunt filled us out that day. The hunting was a bit spotty the next couple of days but we had opportunities. Could have limited again Saturday but for my lousy shooting and my gun deciding to become a single shot. My old lab seemed to have found the fountain of youth this trip. He'll be 12yo in less than two months and is arthritic in an elbow, but he hunted his heart out putting up birds for all of us and finding downed birds. My youngest brother's lab also did great - she's about 6 mos younger than my Chaz. The two pups (my poodle and oldest bro's lab) had their moments. The poodle almost caught the first rooster he's ever flushed. Unfortunately, I was working a treeline and it flushed on the opposite side so I didn't get a shot.

Anyway, a couple of phone shots. You can notice a few more birds in the background from the first afternoon
borrowed the use of my youngest bro's 20ga Beretta for this one. Chaz did a great job working him up and finding him